A huge thanks for helping

Dragginbait

I would like to thank the couple (and their dog) who stopped to give us a tow tonight when my starter packed it in out off of the head. That was my brother and a friend who came to relieve you as your boat was struggling to get the both of us through the tide rip. When you showed up we had the coast guard on standby on the radio.
It was amazing to see all the other boats fly by on there way in as I was signaling them with the flashlight and calling on the radio, but the flashlight must have caught your attention and you were the farthest away.

AGAIN, THANK YOU !!!!!!!

Boats who pass other boaters in distress deserve to loose their operators license FOREVER !
Glad to hear you made it back safe and all ended well . Good Karma to the guy and his girl and dog !

I would like to thank the couple (and their dog) who stopped to give us a tow tonight when my starter packed it in out off of the head. That was my brother and a friend who came to relieve you as your boat was struggling to get the both of us through the tide rip. When you showed up we had the coast guard on standby on the radio.
It was amazing to see all the other boats fly by on there way in as I was signaling them with the flashlight and calling on the radio, but the flashlight must have caught your attention and you were the farthest away.

AGAIN, THANK YOU !!!!!!!

nice to hear you made it in safely dragginbait. I started heading your direction after you declared a MayDay.I am not sure if you are aware of my towing companies services . It is like BCAA on the water.The membership is cheap (150.00) a year and it takes all the stress out of boating in our area.Glad to hear you got in safe.

beemer
www.C-Tow.ca
250-896-3783

Last edited by a moderator:
very glad to hear that somebody was able to get you in safe and sound draggin. i just hope those that thosewho passed you by were unaware of your situation. if they simply made the choice to ignore you,well my friend karma will deal with them down the road,probably on the water to boot. all the best with your battle

nice to hear you made it in safely dragginbait. I started heading your direction after you declared a MayDay.I am not sure if you are aware of my towing companies services . It is like BCAA on the water.The membership is cheap (150.00) a year and it takes all the stress out of boating in our area.Glad to hear you got in safe.

beemer
www.C-Tow.ca
250-896-3783
glad You made it back safe and sound,
I'm with beemer I have a c-tow membership and hope I never need it, but if I do I know its only a quick call away
cell or VHF
Tim

beemer
www.C-Tow.ca
250-896-3783

Beemer. Are you Victoria based? I am thinking about getting your service and would like to know what your area of operation is. Most of the time I am fishing off Sooke but sometimes go as far west as ‘Point no Point’. My concern would be that both my main and kicker pack it in at the same time, drifting and the wind and current are taking us on shore/rocks or a through hull or seacock fails (had them replaced this year) or getting caught in heavy weather and taking waves and bilge pump fails as the deck is not self bailing. Do you cover Sooke and as far west as Point no Point? Do you have a boat based out of Sooke? What would be C-Tows estimated response time to say Sheringham in moderately heavy weather?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Rockfish , I don't want to hijack the thread especially since it is a "good news" story. To keep it short , I am located in Oak Bay, I average 30 knots in heavy weather so I would be 1hour 15 minutes to Sheringham. We will definately have a boat based in Sooke next season. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

beemer

Back