A Good Mecnahic??

where does one go these days when they are in need of a little outboard engine repair on the lower island???? I used to go to a couple of different guys did it out of their garages and who were great but have since turned in their wrench's for the sound of their own motors on the water.
Let's hear what's out there that you would recomment.

Edited by - totally tyee on 01/25/2006 17:44:06

Lower Island , do you mean Victoria only ?
If not then there are two in the Cowichan Valley area who are reputable and reasonable and warranty their work, Tiptons in Lake Cowichan and Stanyers Outboard repairs on the old Lake Cowichan Highway.
I have had occasion to go to both these establishments and would reccomend them.

AL

I know a guy that put 15 yrs in at Sherwood and is a licence OMC mechanic, but works on most motors. Why he left, well you all know that by now. He has a mobile service and comes right to your door. He is alot cheaper than going to the dealer. I have been using him for 5 yrs and my boat has never been to the shop. He has even made service calls to the marina so i haven't had to pull the boat out. If you want more info, drop me an e-mail.

Tournament Proven !

I have use Advantage Marine Service on Veyaness Rd Brentwood bay. Happy with Adams work.

cheers

Rick

Al, I was referring to the Victoria area but put lower island because good mechanics are hard to find.
Fins-and-Skins.....you've got mail.

I've had great service from the guys (and girl) at Morrison Auto Marine. (2065 Keating X Rd. Victoria, BC. (250) 652-4000) across from Sherwood Marine. Small shop, friendly and free with their knowledge. Haven't had much to do with them, 4-5 visits, but I'd recommend 'em.

Scooter

Back