A different fishery today - Bamfiled sushi night

Osama Bin Hopper

Well we decided to have a sushi extravaganza over at my place tonight so I'm just getting ready to go meet Jerry and get out on the water. Taking divers to collect rock scallops, urchin and maybe some sea cucumbers.

It's nice to do something different once in a while without a rod in the water and still have a reward!

We will be having fresh geoduck as well! Of course tuna and tuna belly and salmon and crab and prawns...

Have a great day everyone!!

And that's what we call Living the Dream! Good on ya! Have fun and enjoy.

Today I am sandblasting and painting I/O leg parts from the Gimbal housing down. Soon,,,, the motor and leg will be reassembled in the boat again, and then it will be time to play!;)

osama whats your input on freezing salmon/tuna first? for sushi?

haha! you are throwing me into the fire as everyone's an expert lately!!

To me.

I would scarf a tuna loin right off the carcass in a heartbeat.

Chinook salmon freak me out a bit as I have seen 3 tapeworms (big ones).

Crabby Chris and I will slice a coho on the spot and start dipping in soy... same with sox.

I guess it's up to the guy. Some people won't touch anything raw and I get that, but fresh is best!!

Also, the freezing done commercially we can't duplicate, especially tuna. Any efforts one would take just degrade the fish and cause massive moisture loss.

Try making a poke sometime, salmon, tuna or both, easy and delice!

Ian

Sheesh, and I thought we were good friends Jeff.

Where is my invite ???................I woulda chartered a float plane full of hot chics and cold beer...........Next time brutha, next time.

Back