9.9 Yammie tilt stiff

cheech

My tilt is very stiff. The manual says to grease the 2 ports on the swing shaft but... they are not like other zerk fittings.
Is there a 'special' nozzle/adapter that may be required.
The manual is pretty vague on this issue.
Thanx in advance.

Use a Pam.
[:eek:)]

Yeah I sprayed every lube in my arsenal into those ports without any success. Next brilliant idea...

Kidding aside I think you have one of those flush zerk grease fittings.
You will need a needle nozzle that attaches to your grease gun.
It looks like a hypodermic needle attached to a regular zerk fitting.
Try your Yamaha dealer, NAPA, CDN Tire or Lordco
Should only cost 5 bucks or less.
I have not looked at this and I maybe out to lunch.
Wheres are those marine techs when you need them.
GLG

Might want to try to heat it up a bit with one of those propane torches be carfull there isnt plastic to damage sometimes its just enough to loosen things up from salt corrosion and makes the grease run a bit. ive done it in the past and it does work.

good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

PAM spray or Pam anderson LOL LOL

I have never tried the other Pam but there are many that have said Pam Anderson fixes a number of things. I have heard she is good at loosening nuts.:)

I like them all but me thinx GLG has a good lead. Thanx GLG.
By all means keep up the innuendos, good humour. cheers!

The light just went off. I will try one of my epoxy syringes. Just fill 1 a bit with grease and inject. Let ya know how it goes...

quote:Originally posted by cheech

The light just went off. I will try one of my epoxy syringes. Just fill 1 a bit with grease and inject. Let ya know how it goes...

Get yourself a chainsaw grease pump.(any chainsaw shop)(cheap,cheap,cheap) It will pump the grease through. You will probably nead to heat with a torch,move back and forth and pump grease at the same time to completely loosen things up.Hope this helps.

Cracking the tilt tube nuts(if it has them?)Will also help out.Good Luck.

I'm setting my priorities. I'm making time for fishing.

Back