9.9 high thrust wont turn over

J

Jimbo

Hey there, we just set up my buddys kicker on his new boat and the motor wont turn over. The power tilt works and when you push in the key the choke seems to engage but no turn over! The battery is good, fuse is good, just nothing when you turn the key!! Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance, Jimbo

take the plugs out and see that way I had oil leak past the rings and filled the camber up with oil. does the starter click or anything.

Does the starter engage the flywheel?

make sure the brown wire is connected to the start solenoid. also make the start in gear switch is not open.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

hEY PRO Fisher, i get nothing when I turn the key, I think IFL and Spring time have something, I was leaning toward the start in gear protection so I told my buddy to try starting in gear to see if it would turn over then.I know we did try with the lanyard in place springtime, could it be inside the control? Cheers

It could be the in gear protection, but it could also be the solenoid or the starter. There also is an inline fuse.

quote:Originally posted by spring time

kill switch lanyard on
X2
Have had that problem, even with the lanyard on? You should be able to "pull" & "hold" the kill switch button out and then try to start?

The kill switch won't shut down the starter which if I'm reading his symptoms right he doesn't get the starter to crank. Kill switch only kills ignition.

Hey guys, I have checked the brown wire, the fuse on top again, all connections, the lanyard, took the controls apart and checked the neutral switch operation, switched batteries and still nothing at all when you turn the key, nothing!!! The motor is an 08 with mabe 50 hrs on it. When I push in the key the choke works and the tilt works but zero starter engagement just nothing, really weird.i am thinking it could be a module packed it in or something. Any other ideas? Thanks.[?][B)][xx(][xx(]

check for voltage at the brown wire when key is in start position. You need to verify this before going any further. Also the lanyard has nothing to do with this test.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

quote:Originally posted by profisher

The kill switch won't shut down the starter which if I'm reading his symptoms right he doesn't get the starter to crank. Kill switch only kills ignition.
Okay, yep... I agree with that!

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

check for voltage at the brown wire when key is in start position. You need to verify this before going any further. Also the lanyard has nothing to do with this test.
Yep... I agree, with that too!

pull the brown bullet connection apart at the starter soleniod and touch it to the hot side of the solenoid and see if it cranks

Hey guys, turns out it was the start in gear protection solenoid inside the control. Its now bypassed and works great. Cheers!!

Back