80 cm requirement.

They were adamant it would be dropped. I know they do not make the decisions but they were getting their butts chewed by a couple of guys from Sooke who were pissed about their Aug 1st opening and they said it was a done deal. Again I hope it is true also.

You have to feel for the field guys these days, I’m sure they get it at every turn. They have no control over any of this all they do is get the gears over it.

I think you can have a polite conversation and express your viewpoint that you disagree with the regulation, but it's completely inappropriate to get in somebody's face when they're just doing their job to enforce a rule they had no part in creating.
Agreed. That's the kind of guy who yells at the airline counter attendant when a flight is delayed due to weather.

It is counter productive to rag on field level staff. A lot of them are Sport Fishermen and if you are polite you may well notice a knowing look that conveys the message 'yes, currently my bosses bosses bosses bosses bosses are morons'. They could never say so, but they know what is going on.
They are law enforcement officers, give them the respect they deserve for just doing their job.
Save the passion for the politicians.

I disagree, the more feedback the better on these bs Regs
I agree if obviously done in a polite manner, I’ve had a few interesting interactions with both Dfo officials and creel survey crew where they had seemed to be drinking the environmental Wilkinson koolaid of doom, but changed their views by the end of conversation.

Back