622 Campion prop question

esora

Wondering if someone can help me. I have a 2000 Campion 622 and am repowering with a Suzuki 200. My question is if anybody has a similar setup what prop have you found best for overall performance and efficiency. The prop will be stainless. Thanks in advance

Cheers

Esora

Wondering if someone can help me. I have a 2000 Campion 622 and am repowering with a Suzuki 200. My question is if anybody has a similar setup what prop have you found best for overall performance and efficiency. The prop will be stainless. Thanks in advance

Cheers

Esora

When I had a 622 with a Yamaha 200, I improved its performance and efficiency with a four blade prop. I think it was a 14 1/2 X 18 . Your pitch requirement will depend on blade design and diameter.

I have a Grady White 228G Seafarer that a hung a DF250 Suzuki on. The guys at Breakers Marine in Port Alberni suggested a 16 x18.5 pitch prop and it is awesome. The motor originally came with a 14 3/8x18 Apollo 4 blade prop but it was too small. Suzuki’s can spin larger props with the higher gear ratios than other outboards

Who is supplying and installing the motor? They should be able to help you get a prop in the right range to get started.

Props are WAY more complicated than just pitch/diameter/# of blades. Like @seahorse referenced above you've gotta consider the motor's gear ratio and what size prop it can swing. For your boat you probably need a fair bit of blade surface area. I think the Suzuki Watergrip props are designed this way.

Here’s a picture of the 2 props, I’m keeping the 4 blade but only as a spare, I was lucky in that a friend has the exact same boat and motor so it helped with my decision for the new prop configuration

Attachments

• D3C0F5EC-1921-4C07-A20B-9A73DBF26CDE.jpeg
    D3C0F5EC-1921-4C07-A20B-9A73DBF26CDE.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 18
Here’s a picture of the 2 props, I’m keeping the 4 blade but only as a spare, I was lucky in that a friend has the exact same boat and motor so it helped with my decision for the new prop configuration
I think I am gonna go with a 4 blade.

Back