5" PEETZ™ "Steel Wheel" stainless steel fishing reels

Saxe Point

I’m thinking about getting one of these.

Anyone have any experience with the new ones with the one way drag? I’d be grateful for your views on performance and how you like it generally.

I got one as a gift last year. It’s a spare as well but haven’t put line on it yet to try it out. It looks like a decent reel. I’m curious to see how the drag feels from any owners a well.

The drag is a bit touchy. I find it needs adjustment while using it. I have to tighten it up so there isn't any line creep while trolling then let off a bit once a fish is on. My other reels are Abels, its really hard as far as a comparison goes. I'd say its better than decent, but not a Ferrari like an Abel or Islander. We do use it regularly and have had no issues.

Friend of mine bought one and the arbor bent while spooling line onto it so that wasn't a good start and it was returned immediately and didn't get another one. But it doesn't seem like that is a reoccurring issue.

I have the old style stainless and the new style. The one way drag is way better. Don't have to worry about scratching these reels up etc if you have a new fisher on the boat.

Back