42 million granted

1marko

by the feds towards the rehabilitation
of west coast salmon stocks....
but what does this mean......?

even Brian Riddell looked shocked

"“This is very unusual,” Pacific Salmon Foundation’s Brian Riddell said of the funding. “In my career I do not recall a commitment of this magnitude." A biography on the foundation’s website says Riddell worked as a researcher and scientist with the Department of Fisheries and Oceans for 30 years."

Show me the money - and more importantly show me the tracking sheet - in other words, the itemized list of where the money was spent. These "we're going to spend" announcements mean less than squat. The real announcements are "we have spent".

I just read 42 mil from bc and another 100 mil from feds over 5 years. Hope they have a good plan or all this will be pissed away.

Show me the money - and more importantly show me the tracking sheet - in other words, the itemized list of where the money was spent. These "we're going to spend" announcements mean less than squat. The real announcements are "we have spent".
I can tell you where some the funds will go , every band manager and chief are writing grant proposals as we speak for salmon enhancement projects that will never get off the ground but the money was spent on R&D. Just another way for the government to pay off the "Stewards of the land". Don't get me wrong I know some will go to good use ,hopefully some hatchery improvements and such but I know from my commercial days and sitting on different boards and being part of back room deals made by government and DFO that most of this is smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:
Back