$4 per pound King? .. Getting trolled? WTF?

fishin_magician

IMG_3443.PNG Craigslist ad....hmmmmm....

There's questionable stuff like that regularly on the Campbell River Facebook page. I always think, "sure, that seems legit".

Wonder if DFO or Canada Revenue Agency ever check to see if this is a legit operation?

More like fresh out of the Fraser river...gillnet marks all over it...

not hard to trace . all a matter of
follow through with over taxed
resources....

Price is a little low but not much less that what the commies get paid for their fish. Could be a commie selling fish via CL so they don't count against a quota.

Price is a little low but not much less that what the commies get paid for their fish. Could be a commie selling fish via CL so they don't count against a quota.

Are you HIGH?? :eek:

First: That's nowhere near what troll caught fish go for this year.
Second: Given daily hail-outs (and be prepared to be boarded if you don't comply!) there's really no way to sneak fish caught in a legitimate opening past quota.

Now if they were caught in an illegal fishery, or as Pippen suggested....

Cheers,
Nog

Guaranteed it's Fraser fish. I have stood at the launch they haul out at and been given a disapproving look as I am White....and I didn't lol like I belonged there.

A big blue tote fits on that boat...

Commercial trollers got $12.50 a pound last year, will probably be higher this year.

Well... We started off that high in the spring.
But as usual that didn't hold long at all.
By the time our August fishery rolled around we were down to 6 and a halfish as I recall.

If it's better this year we'll all be rather pleased.
Run projections for the US (our target) are down just a tad, so a little better price will help offset that...

Ain't even going to get into Canadian "projections"...
karazy.gif

Cheers,
Nog

Last edited:
Ain't even going to get into Canadian "projections"...
karazy.gif

huh, doesn't matter anyway, at those prices we won't see any of it anyway...can't afford to buy our own fish. :) I guess prices were high last year because there were so few fish caught. The trick is getting in before the Alaskans flood the market with OUR spring stocks that they caught a month before we open our fishery.

... The trick is getting in before the Alaskans flood the market with OUR spring stocks that they caught a month before we open our fishery.

The reference to Canadian projections was due to their complete and utter unreliability, not so much anyone's access...

The statement I quoted is somewhat close. Last year the Alaskan troll fleet pretty much Hammered our WC stocks (despite DFO rep's initially denying that) and mopped up their winter quota (with a rather large overage) quite early. Although that made something of a difference, the subsequent near failure of their late spring fishery, and the same performance in the lower 48, kept our prices in the "reasonable" range.

This year, they're hurtin' compared to last. Be interesting to see what the spring does bring both in terms of prices & catch rate...

Cheers,
Nog

no white commie would ever risk losing his lic/quota by doing that....ever.
What about the famous poacher who has his own thread on here? I assume Scott Steer fits the bill, although i don't know him.

What about the famous poacher who has his own thread on here? I assume Scott Steer fits the bill, although i don't know him.

Scott is just a pro poacher....
he does not own ANY commercial lics or quota.
He now uses native boats and gear and native crews, and trys to run his illegal operations thru food fishing rights.
DFO , is closing in on him to set a case and then throw away the key.

Back