23 glasply

well from mission, to milltown, out to burrard inlet, to cruise past the cruise ships and back to milltown, 22 gallons of fuel, 3.5-4 nautical miles per us gallon, cruising 26knt in the river and 18-22 knt in the chuck and was burning 3-3.2 mpg. sure is nice having a flo-scan, that is hooked to the nmea 0183 to input the speed into the meter. i did find i was a bit sluggish getting on plane once we got back into the river. i found the air filter plugged from the particulate of paint burning off the exhaust manifold flange. she is a good vacuume

well i put a set of F9's (31 pitch, steepest one's volvo makes in the F series)on her and finally got the numbers i was looking for got out the north arm and was 24 knot, 2500 rpm and 5.1 gph, 4.3 nautical miles per us gallon, my boost was around 9 psi, and 850 degree pre-turbo egt. i am very happy to get enough prop to lower my rpm @ cruise. boat was full of fuel (80 gallon) and 20 gallons of gas for the kicker. boat weight for this test was 5300 lbs

getting more hours on her put about 25 miles on her yesterday, from the north arm of the fraser ran over to thraser rock, on vancouver island, over to bowen island and back to the slip, and i think my kicker burnt more fuel than my cummins. everything worked perfect. i need a couple tweeks on the injection pump ( low boost fueling) and it will be done. with 3 big guys in the boat and all the gear, still comes on plane nicely. and could just about get to the governed speed 100 rpm shy, egt's still under 1000 degree's. so it is propped perfect. it was a great day relaxing with rods in the water. Dave

Nice work buddy........still think you need to fab up a set of twins for her though;)

HI Dave great job on the motor upgrade. I am curious which model Glasply you have. It is usually noted on the Al plaque on the front of the helm station.

Back