23 glasply

are you worried at all about the heat from the Turbo?

a turbo blanket may be a good addition. The exhaust is glycol cooled with help from the heat-exchanger so will help. and the raw water for the heat-exchanger will exit through the exhaust possibly if that's how he sets it up...

a turbo blanket may be a good addition. The exhaust is glycol cooled with help from the heat-exchanger so will help. and the raw water for the heat-exchanger will exit through the exhaust possibly if that's how he sets it up...
yes, that is how it is set up. the most the turbo will get is about 200 degree's , and the exhaust from the turbo outlet to the mixer will have a custom blanket built

Super interesting. Somehow hadn't noticed this thread before.

Very curious about the costs involved with the 4bt. Have often thought about a larger wave smasher with Cummins power but no experience with them at all.
the biggest cost is trying to find a 4bt reasonably priced, after that it is about $3000 in marinizing if you are thrifty and not just buying from a catalog

any pics of the exhaust? were you able to get that sorted out?

That looks great! Really nice work. Looks like a nice proper job with the nice long bend above the waterline. :)

That looks great! Really nice work. Looks like a nice proper job with the nice long bend above the waterline. :)
ya about 18" above the waterline

This is awesome. I would love to drop one in my hourston . What's the hp and torque?
i am hoping to be under 170hp and 375ft/lbs of torque, with the pump and injectors that are in it i could run as high as 200hp/440ftlbs. but i want as little as practical, as long as i can achieve my 24 knot cruise target, and 4 gph, i will be :)

Wow, awesome build. Those old Glasplys are great looking boats. I've never been in one, but I've heard they ride excellent.

Back