23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
Love following this thread already.... keep em comin

Thank you fishing solo, i am off to work this week but hope to be back at it by Friday in hope a new vid will be released.

Sorry guys, i just edited and created one vid instead of 3, technology it great...! lol

Link to latest vid in post below...

Last edited:
Here is the edited edition, dang this is fun :) yahoo! lol

Nice garage. I'm impressed, you should see my disaster lol

Cool video other than the flybridge part :rolleyes:

I knew the flybridge would get me a few comments but keep in mind this will be used as much if not more on the Shuswap's as a family fun boat :) got to try and keep everyone happy...!

Yea this is an awesome thread.....

Oh, and I say go orange!!

Thank you Demi, in upcoming vids I will try to include some real time content rather than doing the work and then showing the result... thx

Hey all, so today, it took a bit for the extra slow harder to cure up hard enough to sand but eventually it did :) it was another 1/2 decent day here so I tried to make the best of it, so I tackled the exterior of the transom and got it all down to glass and original primer :) while waiting for the inside to cure.

The interior of the transom turned out better than I hoped for, it is all flat after another sanding, and now I am ready for plywood! Wahoo, it looks awesome....

IMG_7010.jpeg IMG_7011.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking good. How’s the fibreglass itch so far?

NO itch! :) $5 disposable white exposure jump suit with hoodie, respirator, latex gloves and googles... i'm covered! ;)

Last edited:
Hey all, so today, it took a bit for the extra slow harder to cure up hard enough to sand but eventually it did :) it was another 1/2 decent day here so I tried to make the best of it, so I tackled the exterior of the transom and got it all down to glass and original primer :) while waiting for the inside to cure.

The interior of the transom turned out better than I hoped for, it is all flat after another sanding, and now I am ready for plywood! Wahoo, it looks awesome....

View attachment 47928 View attachment 47929

Me thinks your boat ain’t gonna fit there once you install the fly bridge! ;)

Me thinks your boat ain’t gonna fit there once you install the fly bridge! ;)

LOL, good eye :) The boat is going to be stored in a quonset over the winter and as I said once the boat is finished it will be spending most of its life on the Shuswap's and the coast or maybe someone has lots of patients and deep enough pockets to buy her by then, haha :D

Another vid...

How thick is the side glass that's left? how do you know how thick to make it??

upload_2019-9-17_16-21-0.png

How thick is the side glass that's left? how do you know how thick to make it??

View attachment 47973

I am thinking the glass on the side would be around 3/8", I am not grinding much glass off the sides just enough to get ride of the grey paint. When I install all my transom plywood I will be install about 6-8 layers of glasss on the face of the last plywood layer and extend up the sides app 3-4" with each layer, so when all is said and done I would have extended up each side about 18' - 32". The strength of the transom will be partially dependent on the bond of these layers...

Back