23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
Because your comments are negative. That's why.
Stizzla bailed out on at least one project he started, he got friendly ribbing and took it like a champ and laughed with all that ribbed him. I trust Robert is the same. Who the hell are you to tell me and others how to reply?

Have at 'er then dude. Not looking for a keyboard fight. I just appreciate all the effort that Robert put in to sharing and putting himself out there. I'm sure he's more upset than anyone about not being able to finish his project the way he originally planned. But sometimes that's life. In my view there's no need to pile on, in jest or not. Let's not let this thread begin to go downhill from here. Just my opinion.

Have at 'er then dude. Not looking for a keyboard fight. I just appreciate all the effort that Robert put in to sharing and putting himself out there. I'm sure he's more upset than anyone about not being able to finish his project the way he originally planned. But sometimes that's life. In my view there's no need to pile on, in jest or not. Let's not let this thread begin to go downhill from here. Just my opinion.
Thank you. Agreed.

Hey guys, just turned over my project yesterday, dang feels good to be back at work. Looks like 4 months in Manitoba starting Dec 1 but that could change in a heart beat and usually does....

I am totally ok with the razing, kinda deserve it :) lol We were all looking forward to great adventures and chronicles of the “Persistence” but unfortunately a dramatic shift in finances kinda dissolved that pipe dream.

so the upside, I am still looking for a Campion sedan or similar, almost bought one but the deal fell through, not looking for a full gut and restore but something useable. i needs to get out on the water!

I am not offended by your comments, keep at it if you need to vent, haha. I still lov and appreciate you all as well...

Last edited:
Hey guys, just turned over my project yesterday, dang feels good to be back at work. Looks like 4 months in Manitoba starting Dec 1 but that could change in a heart beat and usually does....

I am totally ok with the razing, kinda deserve it :) lol We were all looking forward to great adventures and chronicles of the “Persistence” but unfortunately a dramatic shift in finances kinda dissolved that pipe dream.

so the upside, I am still looking for a Campion sedan or similar, not a full gut and restore but something useable. i needs to get out on the water!

I am not offended but your comments, keep at it if you need to vent, haha. I still lov and appreciate you all as well...
Break a leg Robert

so the upside, I am still looking for a Campion sedan or similar, almost bought one but the deal fell through, not looking for a full gut and restore but something useable. i needs to get out on the water!

I am not offended by your comments, keep at it if you need to vent, haha. I still lov and appreciate you all as well...

I'm sure we all wish you well, and understand the kind of setbacks that can end a project. But from a Hourston to a Campion? Time are hard. Best of luck going forward.

The right move is always what’s best for you and your family. Going from a bare hull that needs $50,000+ to finish, to a turn key fishing boat is the right move.

You’re a good man Robert Snyder. Thanks for towing us around on your build, it was amazing what you bit off, and the results are epic!

Are you going to get updated from the new owner to see how she gets completed? It would be great to see it all done still. Especially sans flybridge!

The right move is always what’s best for you and your family. Going from a bare hull that needs $50,000+ to finish, to a turn key fishing boat is the right move.

You’re a good man Robert Snyder. Thanks for towing us around on your build, it was amazing what you bit off, and the results are epic!

Are you going to get updated from the new owner to see how she gets completed? It would be great to see it all done still. Especially sans flybridge!
Yes, I will be helping the new owner if and where I can I will hopefully have updates and keep y'all posted as it continues to progress...

O those memories.... just reflecting on her!

She is doing well at her new home... hard to believe that was over 3 years ago now, dang time just seems to pass by.

Attachments

• Resized_20230616_211931_12253147731625.jpeg
    Resized_20230616_211931_12253147731625.jpeg
    483.1 KB · Views: 136
She is doing well at her new home... hard to believe that was over 3 years ago now, dang time just seems to pass by.
I linked this thread in Sttr's thread,since you had been toying with the idea of adding the command bridge and had a poll going.Looks way better without I think.

Back