23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
hey look a butterfly...seriously quit sfbc.com for say 2 weeks and finish this thing off. How do you know if you'll like it or hate it until its at least been wet?

Why don't you give yourself a year after its done and then decide what your go forward plans are. Otherwise its like being single and saying hey she hot, she digs me but I bet she doesn't eat meats so that's it, game over without ever knowing how that one ends up...

hey look a butterfly...seriously quit sfbc.com for say 2 weeks and finish this thing off. How do you know if you'll like it or hate it until its at least been wet?

Why don't you give yourself a year after its done and then decide what your go forward plans are. Otherwise its like being single and saying hey she hot, she digs me but I bet she doesn't eat meats so that's it, game over without ever knowing how that one ends up...

ok bye bye all...

Remember that 90’s hair band Cinderella? yah they were bad but one of their hits was “ Dont know what ya got till it’s gone.”
sure the song was talking about a chick but you get the point... i say hang on to her.

i think there was a line in the song about losing the flybridge too. i might have made that up

Exactly try it for a while sometimes grass isnt greener on other side the hourston hull is the top of the list why look further... and what your asking for is something that doesnt exist unless you want to go past 26 ft also you dont trade for a 26 your gonna have to go big like a 32 ft and above LOL
for what your asking

Totally, done, was not my intention. Thought the interior was sexy, just posted for the pics, again my bad, thought you were keeping it, didn't realize still actively trying to sell.

LOL all good I just sent you a pm of gratitude :) Thank you so much for not taking offence...

... and ya it is a nice finish :D

Not gonna find a boat that has a v birth that has enough room for 4-6 people unless you go big.

people that have smaller boats but have 4-6 people on them usually run open bow boats for the room.

not sure I understand why u need a door in the transom?

Not gonna find a boat that has a v birth that has enough room for 4-6 people unless you go big.

people that have smaller boats but have 4-6 people on them usually run open bow boats for the room.

not sure I understand why u need a door in the transom?

Hey sorry for the miscommunication but as per the list V-bert for 2, haha

To elaborate on the transom door, I have aging in-laws that love to be on the water as well and because the boat will be interior BC for fam vacations swimming is and always has been a big part of summer fun time so if someone can chime in and give us some unsight as to how easy it would be to be in your 70's and trying climbing over 36" of freeboard all day... lol :p A door obviously would make the swim grid easily accessible to young and old alike.

Just mount a swim ladder on the pod. Have your in-laws sit on the transom an swing their legs inboard. If you're really concerned about it, you could get a second "transom" ladder fabricated to go up and over the transom with some really sturdy handles and a couple of fixed steps on either side of the transom (this sort of idea for the handrails). I'm sure you could design it to look good with stainless.

https://www.banggood.com/Stainless-...tBh22jgwwEAQYByABEgLvIfD_BwE&cur_warehouse=CN

How do you know if you'll like it or hate it until its at least been wet?

You wanted her wet...you got'it! Boat weighs 3440lbs as is...

Attachments

• IMG_1489.jpeg
    IMG_1489.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_1486.jpeg
    IMG_1486.jpeg
    479.3 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_1488.jpeg
    IMG_1488.jpeg
    438.2 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_1487.jpeg
    IMG_1487.jpeg
    538.8 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_1485.jpeg
    IMG_1485.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_1483.jpeg
    IMG_1483.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_1484.jpeg
    IMG_1484.jpeg
    246 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Weeee, i needed a fun day! :D

Attachments

• IMG_1498.jpeg
    IMG_1498.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_1494.jpeg
    IMG_1494.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_1501.jpeg
    IMG_1501.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_1496.jpeg
    IMG_1496.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1490.jpeg
    IMG_1490.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 221
I think with what you have the only thing missing is the walk through transom..
Looks amazing! Pod, big swim platform with a nice ladder, nice big engine.
I think you will just start over again if you buy somthing else. Push on!

X2 on what Bill said. Just finish this project and give yourself a full season to try it out. If this boat checks 70% of the things on your list and is still affordable to maintain and trailer around, why bother looking for something else that may not even exist out there? You’re almost there. Just push on for that last lap.

Yes that is my fear as well, you guys are starting to get to know me well, not sure if that is good or bad, LOL jk

X2 on what Bill said. Just finish this project and give yourself a full season to try it out. If this boat checks 70% of the things on your list and is still affordable to maintain and trailer around, why bother looking for something else that may not even exist out there? You’re almost there. Just push on for that last lap.

Thx ya, I am pretty much done for the season, I need to finish the gel on the aft deck floor and maybe start to scribe the finish pieces around inside and outside Alaskan bulkhead...

Boat weight 3440lbs
80gal of gas 500lbs
Single main 300 & 9.9 HT 1000lbs
Extras & finishings 1000lbs

I am thinking the boat should finish around 5500-6000

Back