23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
What protective coating is put on the wood to achieve this look and keep it weather resistant?

Attachments

• 002DF7BB50AB48A9BE8F852ED5F210EE.jpg
    002DF7BB50AB48A9BE8F852ED5F210EE.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 85
Contact Oceans West Marine in Sooke. He’s on Facebook. He does all of Pearson Marines pods. They in this case are just a middle man. I know he’s done pods for 26’ hourstons. Or you can contact #albernfisher , he had a pod done for his 26’ hourston.

Late vote. Off Bamfield this past weekend and I feel twins is the way to go. It was a washing machine out there and if we had to come come back on a kicker it would have been a painful, scary experience. If you get all the maintenance figured out on one twin, easy to do the maintenance on the other. 10k for a new Evinrude 150hp these days if you can find them! Figure in at least 4k for rigging

115842793_10223055694444553_5627381121802402199_o.jpg

Last edited:

I don’t think you should put their fiberglassing skills up against YOUR fiberglassing skills. If YOU made a fibreglass pod I could guarantee that wouldn’t happen. Take a pattern, measurements etc, off a proven pod design on the same boat and go to town. What would it cost you to make a fiberglass pod in material (approx)

Oly

Fibreglass is super strong, however in an impact it will break apart. Rather have a bracket tear off or the transom? That bracket in the pic is of a wierd design

Fibreglass is super strong, however in an impact it will break apart. Rather have a bracket tear off or the transom? That bracket in the pic is of a wierd design

I have been thinking a good deal about pod materials. With this point in mind, I think I'd rather have my fiberglass pod come apart instead of the hull vs the pod survive but rip off the transom. Either way, that would be a hell of an event.

I have been thinking a good deal about pod materials. With this point in mind, I think I'd rather have my fiberglass pod come apart instead of the hull vs the pod survive but rip off the transom. Either way, that would be a hell of an event.
One hell of an event is right. At that point any boat would be trashed.

In all the years on the water I have never seen a pod on our coast fall off or rip apart maybe some down in the US where they well kinda fudge things a bit. I think we are more then safe here guys seem to know whats what "sometimes"

Back