22' double eagle, will a 200hp outboard be enough????????

Good day boat people, Im looking to put a pod on my 22' double eagle hard top, roughly a 5000 lb boat dry from what I can tell and I have found a 2017 200hp varado with all the gauges etc.. for 10k. The boat had a 350 with a Volvo dp that I just pulled out so my question is do you think a 200HP will be enough????

Good day boat people, Im looking to put a pod on my 22' double eagle hard top, roughly a 5000 lb boat dry from what I can tell and I have found a 2017 200hp varado with all the gauges etc.. for 10k. The boat had a 350 with a Volvo dp that I just pulled out so my question is do you think a 200HP will be enough????
Lol, the guys on here are going to tell you????you need twin 200 for that boat. Ok now i going to get the popcorn. Will be watching closely lol

Lol, the guys on here are going to tell you????you need twin 200 for that boat. Ok now i going to get the popcorn. Will be watching closely lol
lol well I always want more power but this is not a boat I plan on keeping forever, I just want it to work well until I find the right 26' commander

well hey if I find a 300 I will but I don't wan to put to much $$ into it, a pod and motor will be enough cost so im not getting to picky I just want it to do the job for a year or two and this 200hp is available.
My take, not that long ago, there was no 300hp outboard, racing souped up boats yes, but the good old 20-24 foot boats where all running 200or 250hp So my answer to you is yes it will do the job, dont over load your boat,and dont think your going to go 0- 40 knots in 4 second

This is the boat i have right now, if you look at the specs,i run a single 225 on it, its not a speed demon but also not a slug, i run a 15-15 4 blade SS prop, cruse at 25 at 4400 and 30 at 4800, at wot in perfect condition alone on board i hit 40

This is the boat i have right now, if you look at the specs,i run a single 225 on it, its not a speed demon but also not a slug, i run a 15-15 4 blade SS prop, cruse at 25 at 4400 and 30 at 4800, at wot in perfect condition alone on board i hit 40
hmm yea your a fair bit lighter with a 225 and crusing about where I want to be maybe a 200 is a little risky as I almost always go for a couple nights and load up pretty good.

its looking like that judging by brutes specs
My boat weight is just under 4000 with no motor,1/4 tank of gas and pod on it, pod is light as its SS, thats of a crane truck scale, so its on the money. I mean a 300 would be better , if you like to load her up heavy you going to be working that 200

200 is plenty.
For some it is lol, depends on what you want to do with it.there are guide boats with bigger boats running single 300 going offshore everyday with 5 people on board.i think 300hp on that DE is over the hp ratings, insurance might be an issue, not sure but look in to it if you want insurance

There are several 20 foot double eagle hardtops that have been podded at the marina I fish out of. They are all running 140 hp or 150 hp 4-stroke outboards and appear to have adequate power. Your 22 foot should be o.k. with 200 hp judging by how the 20's perform with 150 hp.
...Rob

you have a 150 on a 25' what are the specs on that?

C-Dory website. Average towing weight is about 6340 lbs. (boat, motor, trailer, and fuel) so about 6000 pounds loaded with 3 people and a kid, radar, autopilot, fishing gear. We do about 25-27kn wide open throttle and cruse around 19kn. 200hp would push us over 30kn. Which would find the wood and kelp a little too fast but ensure I could follow guides out to theirs spots which I really don't need to do.

Back