21 TideRunner info??

jcon12

HI all, I am looking at a 1980's 21' TideRunner cuddy with alaskan bulkhead.

Anyone know the rough fuel burn and tow weight of this hull?

It is equipped with an evinrude etec 175.

I've love the Arima's but i'd prefer something with a little more of a deep V as i'll be commuting along the coast.

Thanks for any info!

Attachments

• tiderunner.jpg
    tiderunner.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 97
I had the same boat w/soft top,the hardtop is a big plus.I had a 225 Yamaha 2 stroke on mine that performed well,the E-tec should be good from what I've been told.I'd be guessing on fuel burn having not owned an E-tec,tow weight should be in the 3500-4000 Lb.range.I found the boat rode fairly well,but would get the windshield wet in rough stuff.The fiberglass was solid throughout,but the week point was the pod.It's fiberglass factory made and bolted on.For some reason they left the top of pod either open or improperly sealed and they take on water and crack.I had to modify mine to seal it and raise a section for the kicker to mount.They sell much cheaper than an Arima ,but their old,and will probably need work. My gas tank leaked.

Thanks @Rayvon

what do you think is a fair price as these are hard to find any old info on!

It’s a 1987 with 2016 175hp (150hrs). Has a 4 stroke yami 9.9 and trailer. Assume hull and everything is in fair condition and it passes a survey.

Thanks again!

Your pitch to the seller is the hull is 30+ years old and the model is known for a couple of systemic problems that will likely require investment to correct. You're essentially buying motors, rigging and trailer but hull value is near zero due to anticipated repairs.

Main 12-14,000 (gen. 1 or G2 E-tec? Post Evinrude model # for full details)
Kicker 2000-2500 (electric start? remote control or tiller? power tilt/trim?)
Rigging 2-3000 (fly-by-wire controls and steering, or conventional? Digital instruments?)
Trailer 2000

Total 20,500

Add something for any electronics, downriggers or other items included, you're looking at 21K minimum. If you get a successful water test, make it 23K. If a survey shows sound transom, stringers and pod, then 26-28,000.

E-tecs have sophisticated motor reports available, ask seller for a copy of the current report. It will have a mass of data including a breakdown of engine hours at all the rpm ranges, cylinder head temp history, fuel injector data, current and historical fault codes. With some interpretation you can get a detailed understanding of the motor's history and likely condition.

Back