2020 Winter Harbour Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited to hear all the buzz, will be up aug 9-19 but might make an early trip up third weekend in June as well. Stoked to hear the reports

T- Minus 27 Hours till departure! Leaving Courtenay at 11am Thursday and will be staying at one of Oli’s floating cabins till Sunday. Pumped to hit the white meat and maybe even some hungry springs in the Grant Bay shallows! Will Post report if cell service works up there. Otherwise when I get back.

SWC

T- Minus 27 Hours till departure! Leaving Courtenay at 11am Thursday and will be staying at one of Oli’s floating cabins till Sunday. Pumped to hit the white meat and maybe even some hungry springs in the Grant Bay shallows! Will Post report if cell service works up there. Otherwise when I get back.

SWC
How long you up for?

SWC
Look forward to hearing some reports. There is some decent cell service around Kains Island. That usually where I go to make my calls for work while I am up there. A couple nice springs have been known to be caught off the north side of Kains this time of year as well..

Buddy just got back, blown off early each day, hes fishing out of a 23ft trophy
1 25lb hali, and a number of lings, largest 40lbs.
No springs
He said poor prawning out by caprino

Just got home last night. Fished 2 hours at Kains Thursday night and nada.. was 3.6M seas so was brutal. Went to Grants Bay at 5am next morning tried for 2 hours nada.. trolled out off Lippy and managed 3 Halibut between 20-40lbs and 7 ling cod. Blown off by 1. Fished Saturday at 5am again straight out off lighthouse and managed 2 Halibut about 15-20lbs each and 5 more Lings. Blown off by 1. Huge swell the whole time. All in all lots of meat but never got to anchor up.. or fish the way we wanted too. Great friends and trip though!
SWC

Just got home last night. Fished 2 hours at Kains Thursday night and nada.. was 3.6M seas so was brutal. Went to Grants Bay at 5am next morning tried for 2 hours nada.. trolled out off Lippy and managed 3 Halibut between 20-40lbs and 7 ling cod. Blown off by 1. Fished Saturday at 5am again straight out off lighthouse and managed 2 Halibut about 15-20lbs each and 5 more Lings. Blown off by 1. Huge swell the whole time. All in all lots of meat but never got to anchor up.. or fish the way we wanted too. Great friends and trip though!
SWC
Were you trolling for the halibut and ling or drifting? and with what?

We were trolling mostly.. flasher with a large squid with LED light On one side and a large jughead teaser with herring on the other. Did a little drift jigging on some shallower pinnacles and mudrakers worked best.
Good to know thanks. Heading up on Wednesday.

SWC
launch at Pt Alice open?

Planning first ever trip to wh with grandson foe week of the 22.
Any helpful advise would be greatly appreciated.
Pumped. Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back