2020 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a great picture for identification, much of it is washed out by light reflection and hard to get a good look at tail spots or lack of them, but does look like it could be clipped. Rounded face but cannot really see the teeth or gums in sharp detail. Small looking scales like a trout but hard to tell without knowing its size. I assume it was caught off Victoria in the ocean. If it is clipped, possible small hatchery Coho although it is rather thick bodied like a trout. Since you think it is interesting Christoph, one wonders if you think it is a Hybrid. In many years past we use to catch and keep blue backs mid winter off East Greater Victoria (Ten Mile Point etc.) and some were clipped so I know they came from the Bellingham Hatchery in those days.

Last edited:
You guys are much better than my regular fishing buddies! You should have seen some of their suggestions! lol

Brett is the Fish Whisperer and bang on! Fishing Prospect Lake for trout yesterday, my son got this clipped Coho. Couldn't believe my eyes! Look healthy and fit! If someone could point me to a group that may know more about salmon in Prospect Lake or Tod Creek? I have already reached out to the Peninsula Streams Society. Crazy times!

3.jpg

You guys are much better than my regular fishing buddies! You should have seen some of their suggestions! lol

Brett is the Fish Whisperer and bang on! Fishing Prospect Lake for trout yesterday, my son got this clipped Coho. Couldn't believe my eyes! Look healthy and fit! If someone could point me to a group that may know more about salmon in Prospect Lake or Tod Creek? I have already reached out to the Peninsula Streams Society. Crazy times!

View attachment 52925

HEY!

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. Once the ocean is completely closed for salmon angling, now we know where we can still get some! :)

Victoria, Oak Bay salt water fishing reports?
I fished for halibut in the yak at Albert Head from 8 to 11 yesterday morning but no luck. Didn’t see any action aboard the couple of boats anchored close by either.

Released 2 hali's yesterday 10-12lbs. Skunked the day before. Saw a couple of 30-35 lbs and spoke to a couple of guys that had fish in 12-15 range (pedder bay).

Better tides for bottom fish this weekend.:) Where sells bait in the Victoria area? Didn't see it at Canadian Tire.

I guess Trotac is about it. Langford and View Royal CT's didn't have freezers or help and forget lining up at Hillside CT. Want to teach myself how to mooch for Springs in Victoria/Oak Bay/Sooke waters. Probably small herring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back