2020 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa. Hold the phones, here. At the risk of a derail, Cataline, could you please post up some pics and the story of the boat in your Avatar, in the appropriate section? Maybe the boats/towing rigs section. She looks like a modified bartender or something like that. I’d love to know a bit more about her. Thanks in advance.
I have been fortunate enough to have been invited on Cataline she is beautiful and is amazing that she cruises so well with three men aboard and fifty horsepower

Beautiful day on the water today with a little bit of everything! Put in at Fleming, humpback feeding and one huge breech off albert head, sea lions eating salmon on the surface, a few dolphins and a 7lb Chinook off Constance on a 6” blue/silver coyote spoon at 130 on the rigger. Lots of boats out today so I’m sure a lot of of happy people!

Went out for a couple of hours of Oak Bay. Fished the Gap area and caught a few springs around 45cm and kept one a little bigger. A clipped white spring. What's the significance of that? Was stuffed with 3-4" sand lance. Conditions a little lumpy but nice to get out.

After dealing with some motor issues, and starting late I decided launch at Fleming to fish the waterfront instead of driving to Pedder to fish Beecher or Whirl

Lots of boats out and lots of 17-18” sub legal size fish out there. I had 5 to the boat including a somewhat comical solo double header. I switched out to some bigger herring sized spoons in hopes of a decent fish but no luck.

Called it quits around 230 since it was getting bumpy and I had not seen any nets out so I figured nothing of size was happening.

Most of the action was off the flag pole in 120-140’, fish all took small AP sandlace spoons.

Got my boat out on Tuesday outa Fleming 9-3pm. Went out off AlbertHead and gots nice. 61 cm right away. Put up a nice scrap which was nice for a change. Then went out to mud hole to drift jig my new Hali lure that has a strobe with huge expectations after watching the camera action. Not even a nibble lol. About 1 we went over by the anchored freighter in 135-150 ft bouncing the bottom with decent success. AP blue Niki, Herring aid glow, & no bananas spoons all caught fish. Only had 3 shakers for the whole day. SE wind and chop came up 2:30 so we grabbed the trap & kept a couple dungy’s. Was good to get the boat out with no issues & looking forward to the next calm day.

Beautiful afternoon in Oak Bay, except maybe for all the floaties. Only had one hit to show for a couple of hours off the Gap. Looked like a few boats out on the flats. Crab traps full of undersized D's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back