2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a bad idea. Just keep fishing and file a class action once we have a bunch of fines piled up. Kidding... but not.
Class action lawsuit with a whole bunch of tickets regarding retention of clipped fish

Never bothered to fish inside of Cowan but tried it as outside swells were ugly. Pleasantly surprised with outcome. Caught 2 coho wild, 4 dogfish, a rock cod which an eagle attacked and nearly took the flasher with fish and a beautiful Chinook that hit once then came back and aniliated it. With rods shaking every 20 or so mins I might just try this area again. All hits at 60 on chovie. No love for spoon or hootchie

Never bothered to fish inside of Cowan but tried it as outside swells were ugly. Pleasantly surprised with outcome. Caught 2 coho wild, 4 dogfish, a rock cod which an eagle attacked and nearly took the flasher with fish and a beautiful Chinook that hit once then came back and aniliated it. With rods shaking every 20 or so mins I might just try this area again. All hits at 60 on chovie. No love for spoon or hootchie
Did you assume they flew from Cowen to Hole In The Wall? ;)

Did you assume they flew from Cowen to Hole In The Wall? ;)
I assume many HITW fish are headed this time of year towards squamish fron the west side of Bowen and along the mainland. Note I mentioned this time of Year. The Bowen fishery is usually on the outside to bellboy for cap coho . Those Chinook are usually fraser river stock. That's my theory. Area fished today seemed off the beaten path. Please fell free to comment on your thoughts. Maybe we can all benefit in understanding these damn salmon.

I assume many HITW fish are headed this time of year towards squamish fron the west side of Bowen and along the mainland. Note I mentioned this time of Year. The Bowen fishery is usually on the outside to bellboy for cap coho . Those Chinook are usually fraser river stock. That's my theory. Area fished today seemed off the beaten path. Please fell free to comment on your thoughts. Maybe we can all benefit in understanding these damn salmon.
Haha god I have no idea. My latest theory is they're EVERYWHERE. Especially in the Rain City Trough :D

Not sure if it was related to this incident, but just as we were pulling into our slip in North Van this afternoon today got a DSC alarm for a mayday relay call. 21 ft Bayliner taking on water off Nanaimo and someone with an injured shoulder on board. Was still underway making their way back to Nanaimo and someone called in that they were in the vicinity.

Not the day to be out there taking chances but hope everyone was ok.

I been hearing from friends there's unmarked commercial crab rings with floating lines that can get stuck in your fishing gear at the Cap mouth, near the yellow marker. My friend lost both canons, etc, got stuck in it. I fished there last week and saw what looked like a boat undoing tangles in that area, so be careful and keep an eye out for it.

Just bought a boat and getting used to fishing again. Bad timing with all these insane regs. Many years of hard work to save up for my setup! Was going to run to Gabriola but it was a big rocky so saw people fishing Bowen so dropped gear there. Landed 7 fish while fishing solo on Sunday from 3pm to 8pm on the South East side of Bowen. One fish on a coyote cop car. 6 fish on anchovies with both purple haze and red flasher. All fish caught 70ft to 110ft. Couple hits pulling up gear as well. Anchovies trolling at 2.5 knots seemed to be the magic recipe.

Just bought a boat and getting used to fishing again. Bad timing with all these insane regs. Many years of hard work to save up for my setup! Was going to run to Gabriola but it was a big rocky so saw people fishing Bowen so dropped gear there. Landed 7 fish while fishing solo on Sunday from 3pm to 8pm on the South East side of Bowen. One fish on a coyote cop car. 6 fish on anchovies with both purple haze and red flasher. All fish caught 70ft to 110ft. Couple hits pulling up gear as well. Anchovies trolling at 2.5 knots seemed to be the magic recipe.
What kind of boat?

I've never caught a coho on an anchovie before. This is all just great stuff to get even that shut down.

I've never caught a coho on an anchovie before. This is all just great stuff to get even that shut down.
I’m not too cheap to not use bait for Coho. :D
Late summer when the numbers are thick, I run through a couple of anchovy packs on coho bites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back