2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I watched it swim away"View attachment 52438
That fish isn’t dead. It’s eye is still trying to get vertical. Might be fine.
I was out recently fishing off south Bowen (no report, my bad) with my fishing newbie Russian student who was getting pissed off at me cuz I kept chucking the fish back in before he could get pics! I’m not so good at the gaff release so it was the least I could do!
(White hootchies @ 69’)

Jfc soon as they put it in the net, game over, let alone on the slab for a pic.

This is as close as a pic should be right now, to me anyway. Single 4/0 hook in the jaw, 2 second forceps release zero drama.
You running that naked or in line?

Gross mishandling of a fish. Even if it "swam away" it probably didn't get far. Why put a fish though that if your not going to kill it. These are not trophy fish that you may want to take a photo of, so just kick em off at the boat and wave goodbye. There are ways to land fish for a photo with minimal impact and this a photo of what not to do. When we release really big fish up north there is a process how to do it correctly which is a bit of work.....worth it for a hog once every few days but not multiple fish an hour....

You running that naked or in line?

That ratty old jughead is one of my go to rigs I will run that right into august. It was rigged inline last friday when the action was on fire. That side crushed the spoon side but it did ok too.

Seeing as how it appears this was missed on the previous page I will bold it here.

Agreed that pics of bleeding fish on the deck doesn't look good and, if they are truly poaching, posting it on social media likely isn't the smartest thing to do, but can we please keep this thread from going two pages deep on that subject?

Gross mishandling of a fish. Even if it "swam away" it probably didn't get far. Why put a fish though that if your not going to kill it. These are not trophy fish that you may want to take a photo of, so just kick em off at the boat and wave goodbye. There are ways to land fish for a photo with minimal impact and this a photo of what not to do. When we release really big fish up north there is a process how to do it correctly which is a bit of work.....worth it for a hog once every few days but not multiple fish an hour....

exactly... these are not Trophy fish... gaff release or pick them up at the side and get a quick picture. NO nets on these.

Anyone planning to cross the street this weekend? Forecast looks iffy but it might be worth burning some cheap fuel to release a few hatchery fish.

Anyone planning to cross the street this weekend? Forecast looks iffy but it might be worth burning some cheap fuel to release a few hatchery fish.

Looks good to me, just a steady NW 10 to 20 so rip over early and enjoy the following sea home! Friday is my only shot at it so we'll see how it goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back