2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a pro at spinning spoons, and after my investment in AP Spoons, I'm not giving up haha...but both performed well at the end of the day. I'm definitely stocking up on the city supply of no bananas tomorrow.
i will fish an AP over those tinfoil spoons any day of the week. don’t give up on them. and no i’m not an investor i just hate having to straighten out tin foil spoons back to where i think they are supposed to perform properly

Great day on the water yesterday but not productive for the salmonoid species. Started at Tunstall and was surprised to only see a few boats. Lots of flotsam in the bay so gave it a couple of hours but zero signs of bait or fish. Moved to the falls did a few tacks and then over to Grace. Much more bait action and saw a few to the boats out there but no love for us. Great crab haul and decent but disappointing prawn haul. Fabulous day on the water! Sounds like I should have been in the harbor. Maybe friday.

2 quick ones at Tunstall.

update. 2 keepers and 3 unders at Tunstall. 2 more unders at waterfall. The keepers seem to be getting fatter.

Last edited:
Powered out from Lionsgate Marina for a quick 1-1/2hr check out of the freighters and landed two undersize, both on a 3" Herring Aid, and both at the COSCO ship mentioned in earlier reports. Out again tomorrow at first light for an all day trip - will post any success I have.

Attachments

• 3DEC2020.jpg
    3DEC2020.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 79
Both fish were skinny - not fat. So I don't know if that indicates that there is not a lot of bait in the Harbour right now. I didn't see any bait on my sonar.

Powered out from Lionsgate Marina for a quick 1-1/2hr check out of the freighters and landed two undersize, both on a 3" Herring Aid, and both at the COSCO ship mentioned in earlier reports. Out again tomorrow at first light for an all day trip - will post any success I have.
Heading out tomorrow also. Looks like it's going to be a nice day. Probably check out the COSCO too! Thanks for the report. Lots of sea to cover ;)

Both fish were skinny - not fat. So I don't know if that indicates that there is not a lot of bait in the Harbour right now. I didn't see any bait on my sonar.
That’s what you get when you only troll for 1-1/2 hrs. When you put in a full day, you’ll get the big one. ;)
Good luck tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back