2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone out there with a weather report for the cap? I’ll be coming out of north arm so any wx reports between there and cap are appreciated. I gotta think sandheads is a tad blowy at the moment. Thx

Anyone out there with a weather report for the cap? I’ll be coming out of north arm so any wx reports between there and cap are appreciated. I gotta think sandheads is a tad blowy at the moment. Thx
You guys are CRAZY hope the weather lays down for your derby

heading out at 10. Hope it's fishable by then. Good luck all!

Only a .7M sea with gusts to 29 knots at the English bay bouy...this ought to be fun!
You out there fishing ab1752 how is it , Blowing really bad in Richmond S right now . Im still debating going out and fish S Arm. Anyone gone out the S Arm this AM

Hiding behind Stanley Park like the other 400 boats...west of the pink apartments and you get to test your chines. Ive had one hit and that's about it. I'm staying away from the shitshow as I'd be screwed with a strike as im solo today. Those c regd gradys sure do run their own program...blah

20200925_083734_resized.jpg Saw a few more bonked at the cap, seems most are in the bay off Ambleside Beach or at the mouth of the cap. Its cleared up super nice and calmed down but I had to rip in for the kids never ending hockey tryouts haha. Have fun! Sand heads next week...this pic pretty much sums up my day haha

Last edited:
400 boats in the area of one block doing donuts, not for me EVER , lol , Sand heads open area is enough to make me bring my bonker out haha, tight lines

Rough and late start to the day out of the north arm but found our way to the cap late morning and joined the fleet. Ended up with a couple nice one in the high teens which we entered into the Firemans derby. Both fish caught on the outside tack of the cap in 120 or so. Chovies in the mud. Got sealed real good on one of the fish but managed to track that thing down and keep on top of him and he finally let go 30 mins later. Worth it as the fish was still in great shape as the seal just had him by the head.

weather turned out nice and our ride home was pretty calm. All in all great couple hours at the circus.

Rough and late start to the day out of the north arm but found our way to the cap late morning and joined the fleet. Ended up with a couple nice one in the high teens which we entered into the Firemans derby. Both fish caught on the outside tack of the cap in 120 or so. Chovies in the mud. Got sealed real good on one of the fish but managed to track that thing down and keep on top of him and he finally let go 30 mins later. Worth it as the fish was still in great shape as the seal just had him by the head.

weather turned out nice and our ride home was pretty calm. All in all great couple hours at the circus.
Atta Go !! Good Call to head out N Arm !!

One for the good guys! Nice work

Someone got the Big Blast from a freighter today-5 hard toots in a row so they must have done something Really Stupid-I couldn't see what happened Stanley Park was in the way but heard it clearly from the beach in Kits.

Someone got the Big Blast from a freighter today-5 hard toots in a row so they must have done something Really Stupid-I couldn't see what happened Stanley Park was in the way but heard it clearly from the beach in Kits.

I watched it and it was that big red ship that is always hanging around, looks like a massive coastguard ship but way more industrial. No one was doing anything, he blew the horns way early to warn everyone to gtfo the way. He also shifted course towards Stanley park side and he had nothing but water, no one was near him at all.

I watched it and it was that big red ship that is always hanging around, looks like a massive coastguard ship but way more industrial. No one was doing anything, he blew the horns way early to warn everyone to gtfo the way. He also shifted course towards Stanley park side and he had nothing but water, no one was near him at all.
Sounds like the FRPD 309 that’s been dredging at Centerm. Also sounds like someone couldn’t see the whole picture... no offense, but it’s pretty hard to judge all that’s going on from a small boat near the water line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back