2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rain City ....... riggers at 80 and 120 with all hits in 100 to 200 water depth. Including the two we kept ....... we had 11 fish to the boat. A mix of undersize chinooks and wild coho. Irish Cream spoons and green onion flasher.
Killer. Making the trip with the wife and kid tomorrow. Thanks.

Fishing way outside at thrasher. Nothing yet. I was trying to make my way to the light but the wind is having none of it.

Found my way inside west of Grande. Picked up a barely keeper on my only hit so far. 220 on the rigger, skinny g on double glow black flasher... as always.

Last edited:
Fished yesterday around CRC released one wild coho then moved back into West Vancouver and fished around the pink apartments hit a double header and landed both hatchery ho's. Fish caught at 41' with green glo flasher and green glo teaser head. Other Rod at 51' with green glo flasher and Irish cream skinny G spoon. Beauty day on the water.

Fished all long weekend all West Van shoreline some good sporadic action, right place right time, depths were anywhere from 20-65 on the rigger
hooked into some nice springs, hooch was the go to for all fish, dog fish were a bit of a nuisance with bait in some area's... lots of hatch out there some
bigger ones mixed in... cheers!
21FA9563-0494-4703-A075-66823FF5313A.JPG

Fishing way outside at thrasher. Nothing yet. I was trying to make my way to the light but the wind is having none of it.

Found my way inside west of Grande. Picked up a barely keeper on my only hit so far. 220 on the rigger, skinny g on double glow black flasher... as always.
Bait works better this time of year.

Gonna start fishing North arm to t10 next week, find some schools of coho

anybody fishing the Bell/North Arm for coho and actually finding any? Saw PA’s report and comments to avoid fishing these areas targeting coho as there are few coho around here and worried about next year being closed for all finfish. Theoretically should be coho milling about mouth the Fraser right now but my understanding is most are South Arm. Decisions decisions....

I’ve caught hatch coho between T10 and Sandheads as early as July 16. Just use rubber and troll fast if that’s what you’re looking for.

I’ve caught hatch coho between T10 and Sandheads as early as July 16. Just use rubber and troll fast if that’s what you’re looking for.

Well, coho are all you should be looking for in those waters right now. Unless you’re into dogfish. Problem is bait will work better and will probably find more chinook than coho...

I’m not going to fish the river mouth until Sep 1st. I’d rather burn the fuel and fish for Chinook across the street if the wind cooperates.
You'd actually rather or because of the regs? This time last year we were pulling in 18-20 lb (28-35lbs to insta heros) feisty beauties in a matter of minutes at the North Arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back