2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the tips. I am planning on dropping my diver anywhere from 40-70 feet at a speed of 2-3 kn... And also are you allowed to troll right on RCA areas since its not bottom fishing?
NO, YOU CANNOT FISH IN ARCA, regardless of the type of fish you are targeting, you may still catch rock fish. No hook and line allowed in RCA areas.... You want to troll between 2-3mph (ideally around 2.5mph).... Apex spoons work well in clearer water, I caught a 15lbs hatchery spring on Saturday with a green/silver Apex down 85'... good luck

New to Ling fishing, i bought some gear for it. Last time we went to thrasher we drift mooched and got one undersized. How do I motor mooch for lings? Looks really effective.
Try posting a new thread on this below the reports section, you will see many different topics there and will be more likely to get some response, this section is supposed to be for fishing reports only, although it does get highjacked a bit too often than it should,lol. I see you are a new member and probably didn't know any better. cheers and gl with your ling fishing.

New to Ling fishing, i bought some gear for it. Last time we went to thrasher we drift mooched and got one undersized. How do I motor mooch for lings? Looks really effective.
Kick it in and out of gear to get a little more action on whatever your running.(and add a 8-10oz weight on a slider above a leader to whatever your running) Swim baits work, I’m sure whole herring would be deadly also.

Anyone going to cross the street this weekend and fish the Thrasher? Forecast looks good.

I would like to I may go next Thursday. I went out of the marina last time and my motor over reved on me I thought it was toast but the tensioner is busted. was shaking the belt is starting to shred. well $300 in parts later gets another tensioner assembly pulley ect. I actually went out anyway with it like that that's how much fishing matters to me lol. Made it back poppet valve jammed up too.

Try posting a new thread on this below the reports section, you will see many different topics there and will be more likely to get some response, this section is supposed to be for fishing reports only, although it does get highjacked a bit too often than it should,lol. I see you are a new member and probably didn't know any better. cheers and gl with your ling fishing.

Thanks for the heads up! Didn't know better... I'll work on the forum etiquette!

Porlier was hot this morning - flat as a lake and lots of fish! About 10 to 15 lb’ers.

I just wanted to congratulate everyone for really getting the fact that Lings can only be caught within 100 yards of the thrasher marker. Don't try anywhere else. Just stay there.

Where the ho’s at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back