2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google Map "thrasher rocks" probably easiest across the straight just before Gulf Islands someone can answer this better

Anyone seen any signs of Coho in Howe Sound yet ? Should be showing up soon and at least we can keep hatchery.

Hey guys, my friend has a boat on passage island and I want to troll for the very first time. I basically have a fisherman's life setup with a deep six diver and a watermelon apex. Has anyone ever had any luck on that combo or is it not that effective? I am also planning to troll from passage island straight to sunset marina.
Thanks

Hey guys, my friend has a boat on passage island and I want to troll for the very first time. I basically have a fisherman's life setup with a deep six diver and a watermelon apex. Has anyone ever had any luck on that combo or is it not that effective? I am also planning to troll from passage island straight to sunset marina.
Thanks

might work but thats a trout combo for sure, can you get ahold of more gear? spoons and plugs?

Watermelon Apex is a standard lure that still works well and Deep Sixes never stopped working-you'll have to experiment with depths people use downriggers locally because fish are often deep but I have found better action with planers later in the season.

Thanks

That could work for sure even a spoon use a 3.5" any color silver green, herring aid or cop car (black and white). I have used the diver with a flasher and herring as well. if you want to use herring either stick on a frozen herring in a davies or bullet head or put them in brine a couple days ahead.

Thanks for all the tips. I am planning on dropping my diver anywhere from 40-70 feet at a speed of 2-3 kn... And also are you allowed to troll right on RCA areas since its not bottom fishing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back