2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking around at alternatives but havent found anything for my volvo 320 gxi...I know there is someone local building manifolds with far better longevity but not for the newer power. My current manifolds are Sierra and have been fine for 350 hours and almost 5 years but I'm going volvo parts this time around. It was a timing thing last go around. I'm interested to see how these Sierra manifolds look but I'm not messing around. Thx sorry back to reports!

http://boatstoreonline.com/HI-tek_exhaust.html

Got sealed at Grace/Gambier Harbour today. Young pup grabbed it initially, then the big brown bugger bit the salmon int0 two.

Out again Sunday. Tried the freighters again more so we could pick up some crab around Jericho than anything else. Picked one that was just a hair under but not much action. Just great being out though after all the wind and crappy weather we've been having. Heard the mouth of the cap was pretty hot on the flood but the tides didn't work for our timing. That will be my next spot when wind and tide permits.

How was the crabbing?

I have been looking around at alternatives but havent found anything for my volvo 320 gxi...I know there is someone local building manifolds with far better longevity but not for the newer power. My current manifolds are Sierra and have been fine for 350 hours and almost 5 years but I'm going volvo parts this time around. It was a timing thing last go around. I'm interested to see how these Sierra manifolds look but I'm not messing around. Thx sorry back to reports!

I hope you post what your Sierra manifolds look like after 5 years. I've got a set on my 4.3 Merc thats about 3 years old so I'm a little curious what yours looks like.

Out yesterday in the freighters 11-2. One fish on that peeled a good amount of line but was long line released. Crabbing was fantastic, total of 15 in the pots, 8 big keepers. Gotta love the heater in the boat....even on such a gorgeous day!

seal off grace. 3 fish on, 3 fish sealed in under a minute each. 2 AP spoons gone :mad:

Edit: Moved to tunstal, 3 undersized all at 157, all chartreuse hootchies

Last edited:
Dickhead of a seal off grace. 3 fish on, 3 fish sealed in under a minute each. 2 AP spoons gone :mad:
Ugh dislike.
Both my titans broke first day of use. Then they were replaced. Then they broke first day again. I got my money back and moved on....
I have two others that are three years old with 0 issues. This one is brand new. Hmmn.
Lol nooooo! Not the titan. What happened?
Tangle in the clip above when I went to set it. Brought the fish up with the rigger then hand bombed it.

For those of you who were out today and went from Vancouver harbor over to bowen, how was the chop in the waters between west van and bowen Island? I was hoping to do some fishing up the west side of bowen or perhaps over to grace but I come out of vancouber harbor.

For those of you who were out today and went from Vancouver harbor over to bowen, how was the chop in the waters between west van and bowen Island? I was hoping to do some fishing up the west side of bowen or perhaps over to grace but I come out of vancouber harbor.
The harbor is producing well now. If you're trying to save some time and fuel.

The harbor is producing well now. If you're trying to save some time and fuel.

Thanks for the reply raincity. I have a fishing buddy who has never fished over there. I want do a bit of fishing over there with him so that he gets a chance to experience how beautiful it is there. Just not sure with the current conditions if it's really choppy in the area between bowen and west van for the crossing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back