2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow looks great, will be around the hump on my way back down. Epsom was very steady today, 9 on 7 landed one of the misses peeled line for ages then was gone, bent hook. I'm calling that 50% fish smarts and 50% man stupid horsing the thing back around.

Anyway usual program, white jugheads kicked all else. Inner bands from 160 to 250' and 130' on the rigger port and 20 seconds on starboard as the replacement digital counter failed right out of the gate. And that side hooked up 2 to 1. Cheers

Tomorrow looks great, will be around the hump on my way back down. Epsom was very steady today, 9 on 7 landed one of the misses peeled line for ages then was gone, bent hook. I'm calling that 50% fish smarts and 50% man stupid horsing the thing back around.

Anyway usual program, white jugheads kicked all else. Inner bands from 160 to 250' and 130' on the rigger port and 20 seconds on starboard as the replacement digital counter failed right out of the gate. And that side hooked up 2 to 1. Cheers
Another failed digital counter....wow! Well done out there!

do you run those with a inline flasher?

Have a pic of the sounder from thrasher the fish are thick over there. I may have to go back in a few or so.

8J0tB54.jpg

West bowen was steady, not lights out for me. Decided to pack it in around 1:40 pm today and was in 325' of water off roger curtis light. Pulled up one side then zing the other side goes nuts. Rips line for ages then splash splash massive tug...has to be a seal. Wait no, still there...must be 250' of line out...battle is on, this fish does not want to come to the boat. 130', you can see the spoon in its mouth. Hatchery fish must have been 20 lbs easy and equaled the best fight all last season. Unreal 2 days solo on the Straits.

20200519_134617_resized.jpg 20200519_134658_resized.jpg

West bowen was steady, not lights out for me. Decided to pack it in around 1:40 pm today and was in 325' of water off roger curtis light. Pulled up one side then zing the other side goes nuts. Rips line for ages then splash splash massive tug...has to be a seal. Wait no, still there...must be 250' of line out...battle is on, this fish does not want to come to the boat. 130', you can see the spoon in its mouth. Hatchery fish must have been 20 lbs easy and equaled the best fight all last season. Unreal 2 days solo on the Straits.

View attachment 53105 View attachment 53106

did the fish have the normal feeder purple haze coloring hard to tell in that pic if its the filter or if that fish is more colored up.

View attachment 53105 View attachment 53106
beauty fish nice work

I fished thrasher yesterday for both lings and salmon lings was a little slow few undersize and a couple small rock cod kept one decent rock cod took a break from bottom fishing and went and played some catch and release for springs was insane for springs multiple double headers biggest was around 15 lbs but every fish was quite a fighter lots of energy and real healthy fish salmon were caught at 95 and 120 feet down on a lighthouse 3.5 derby winner spoon and charteuse glow hootchie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back