2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I am in the mode of ensuring the economic viability of local tackle shops, what is a cream soda flasher and where do I get one?

(Ok maybe 3 in case I lose 2, which of course never happens but I feel better having 3).

thought the exact same thing lol, see pic

Attachments

• 52942FF2-4A2B-43BC-8FD5-390A5D60404F.jpeg
    52942FF2-4A2B-43BC-8FD5-390A5D60404F.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 156
All these reports giving me the bite bad fellow fisher-folk! But this same household Covid-19 law stuff; means I might actually have to try and talk my wife of 30 years into going out fishing with me. Wish me luck.

For the past 3 years I've tried many times and different approaches to get my wife to enjoy fishing... hasnt' work... I thought with this covid19 and with everyone under house arrest that getting out of the house and on the boat for some fishing would be a nice change of pace for her... didnt' work.... First 6-7 times I tried sushi I hated it... then something clicked one time and I've loved it since then. I am hoping the same thing will happen with the wife but the count has already been at 15 or so..

I hope some day I get to the point where I am able to get the type of connection through fishing with the family as the fishing doctor guy on youtube. The whole family is out on the boat and enjoying the day fishing.. everyone gets excited and wants to be there, including the wife.... I'll keep those odds the same as me winning the lottery.

For the past 3 years I've tried many times and different approaches to get my wife to enjoy fishing... hasnt' work... I thought with this covid19 and with everyone under house arrest that getting out of the house and on the boat for some fishing would be a nice change of pace for her... didnt' work.... First 6-7 times I tried sushi I hated it... then something clicked one time and I've loved it since then. I am hoping the same thing will happen with the wife but the count has already been at 15 or so..

I hope some day I get to the point where I am able to get the type of connection through fishing with the family as the fishing doctor guy on youtube. The whole family is out on the boat and enjoying the day fishing.. everyone gets excited and wants to be there, including the wife.... I'll keep those odds the same as me winning the lottery.
the ticket is go on a nice sunny day that way suggest she can read a boat relax and tan while u fish

Did the run over to gabriola solo this morning to mess around with the meat stick. 3 barely legal lings all went back for you all to bonk next week. I didnt have my sinker weights so I used one of Clint's cool flutter lures and my trusty ling rig worked great just around slack noon ish. That didnt cut it so I simply dropped with my downrigger and bounced bottom. 20200513_161118_resized_1.jpg 20200515_132036_resized.jpg Then it blew up so I fueled up in Silva bay (fuel dock only opened yesterday) and bashed my way back. Still made a minimum of 14 knots then 18 and 20 cruise.

Saw a few guys out for springs around thrasher and north around the hook of the island at the entrance to Silva bay.

Boat ran great too...cheers....no idea why those pics landed there lol

Last edited:
Is nobody fishing south Bowen at the moment. Heading out tomorrow.. rather not cross to Gabriola but gotta go where the fish are. Especially when u can’t keep em.

Is nobody fishing south Bowen at the moment. Heading out tomorrow.. rather not cross to Gabriola but gotta go where the fish are. Especially when u can’t keep em.

Monday for me, start at the hump and do a one way troll north...weather permitting. Same program tuesday but I think I will poke around gower and closer to Bowen. Let us know how you do!

I fished the hump and shallower/closer in to south bowen on Thursday I think the water clarity wasn't the best. both were producing fish. was dead at Tunstall probably high tides are where I would shoot for.

Prawning and Crabbing was lights out today. My attempt at anchoring for halibut was not so amazing. Quite the cluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back