2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to city website its closed except for emergency use.
Thank you saves me a trip. I saw the website. In a previous thread it was stated could use but park at the Planetarium
thanks again for the updates hopefully will be open in the next couple of weeks

Anyone got a harbor weather report for me? Going to go do some crabbing but the wife needs ideal conditions these days. Like 5 or less.

Anyone got a harbor weather report for me? Going to go do some crabbing but the wife needs ideal conditions these days. Like 5 or less.
RC,
Try the following link for instant harbour condition. Surprise you don’t know about this one. Anyways, you helped me out in the past scaring away someone from my traps. Thought I return the favour.

https://jsca.bc.ca/services/streamcam-ptz/

With the recent update on quarantine last Wednesday, Anyone know whether you’re allowed to bring a fishing buddy along now? Or still only family and living companions?

With the recent update on quarantine last Wednesday, Anyone know whether you’re allowed to bring a fishing buddy along now? Or still only family and living companions?
Nothing's changed until the long weekend

I wrapped up some fishing mostly juvenile fish 7lbs 4 or 5 hook ups at 120' on the rigger. This was off worlcombe and a couple on the way to the hump. first time fishing the hump went out to the 600' mark. Can see how this is a popular spot. Went over to hole in the wall and a couple 7 lbs. Next im going over to thrasher end of may june.

Great day over at Thrasher yesterday, lots of good size salmon! Beat up No Bananas spoon and Pesca tossed salad, 108 and 96 on the rigger nonstop action. a couple cod to round out the day. Hey Clint those jigs worked pretty well, a big spring decide to hammer it while we were jigging for ling

20200424_223923.jpg
Great day over at Thrasher yesterday, lots of good size salmon! Beat up No Bananas spoon and Pesca tossed salad, 108 and 96 on the rigger nonstop action. a couple cod to round out the day. Hey Clint those jigs worked pretty well, a big spring decide to hammer it while we were jigging for ling
Great to hear oguard ! and Ya ! its all I use up at Bamfield and I do really well for Chinook on them and the lings / blackies love them to .... Thanks for your report , I'm gonna try and head over to Thrasher week of the 18th to C&R some Chinooks ! Oh ya if your ever see some schooling Coho, try those flutter jigs ..... YOU'LL HAVE A BLAST ! Tight lines !! (PS I now have some with glow eyes , can't wait to try them out lol) Sorry , commercial ended , back to your fish reports haha

Last edited:
Fairly nice day at thrasher as soon as you set the rigger it would be fish on smaller ones. At 140' got kicked around a bit current was too much for two riggers and lost a cannon ball and dropped the second one slipped off the snubber. Went to harbor chandler got a gibbs white glow hootchie which had been working lost that one to earlier. Got a 20-21 lbs fish 89cm on purple haze flasher green silver skinny g spoon at 170'.

Hello

Got home late last night, lets just say we were busy all day started at grande for high tide and as soon as we put the rods down it was on like prodjsaig mentioned.went and fished offshore thrasher and the HOOK and hit fish fairly consistently.turned to home and hit fish out to 1000 ft so there is a good mass around,lucky to get limits on crab in the harbour as well great day !!

tight Lines
Billydoo

Hit the fish on skinny g no bananas, herring aid and a green pesca spoon all behind lemon lime, double glow black and cream soda Flashers 6 ft leader and 70-130 ft on the rigger was all working well good luck out there.. !!!! Pick up the cream soda flasher that one is an absolute killer !!! fished it exclusively last year and it works very well !!!!

Tight lines

Hit the fish on skinny g no bananas, herring aid and a green pesca spoon all behind lemon lime, double glow black and cream soda Flashers 6 ft leader and 70-130 ft on the rigger was all working well good luck out there.. !!!! Pick up the cream soda flasher that one is an absolute killer !!! fished it exclusively last year and it works very well !!!!

Tight lines

Since I am in the mode of ensuring the economic viability of local tackle shops, what is a cream soda flasher and where do I get one?

(Ok maybe 3 in case I lose 2, which of course never happens but I feel better having 3).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back