2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Don how long have you been soaking them between pulls ? 3 hours ? if you are staying there PC are you leaving your pots out over night ? and how has the prawning been are you getting enough of them to keep you interested .
going to be headed up that way this week for a day and again the following week if the weather holds
PM sent.

Somewhere there's a Commander sitting lonely at the docks...what's a 30 knot gust to a beast like that, come on!
Looks like I'll be out Wednesday. Have to reinstall the seats because the carpets just got redone. Friday is Fraserview with stories of all the fish I'm going to catch.

Fished the harbour 9:00 to 12:30 with a dozen other boats. Nothing bonked - released two undersized, a flounder, lost a nice one (10lbs+ estimate) when it surfaced 150' behind the boat and had another one hit that may or may not have been 62cm as I was bringing up the line to check on it. Lost that one at the surface also! Lots of bait in areas and a few arches here and there. Had to be careful with all the ice first thing!!!! Much more fun than going to work!

Attachments

• IMG_1540.jpg
    IMG_1540.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1520.jpg
    IMG_1520.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 108
I was chasing around some dude in a commander amongst the freighters dragging 2 different sized AP spoons, green for the most part. Started near QB and putted across the bay. Did a few passes 180' in the mud and bam, released on just under. Quiet again, same east to west tack and switched to a smaller skinny g and wham, this one ripped out and was off. 2 good dives and then a screamer and a splash show about 250' out, stupid seal. Of course the other rod goes and its back and forth. Managed to ditch whiskers and keep my gear, landed the other just a bit too small. One more undersize and I was out of there. Wicked day, 10000 times better than staring at multiple screens wondering wtf I'm doing woth my life haha...plenty of bait around, and lots of boats but closer to shore.

Seems like Friday could happen, see ya out there. Cheers

I was chasing around some dude in a commander amongst the freighters dragging 2 different sized AP spoons, green for the most part. Started near QB and putted across the bay. Did a few passes 180' in the mud and bam, released on just under. Quiet again, same east to west tack and switched to a smaller skinny g and wham, this one ripped out and was off. 2 good dives and then a screamer and a splash show about 250' out, stupid seal. Of course the other rod goes and its back and forth. Managed to ditch whiskers and keep my gear, landed the other just a bit too small. One more undersize and I was out of there. Wicked day, 10000 times better than staring at multiple screens wondering wtf I'm doing woth my life haha...plenty of bait around, and lots of boats but closer to shore.

Seems like Friday could happen, see ya out there. Cheers
If you checked out my real time reports you would have known what to switch to earlier. I'm giving out gold here!!!

If you checked out my real time reports you would have known what to switch to earlier. I'm giving out gold here!!!

I am not a pro at spinning spoons, and after my investment in AP Spoons, I'm not giving up haha...but both performed well at the end of the day. I'm definitely stocking up on the city supply of no bananas tomorrow.

Was out today doing battle amongst the freighters. My buddy boxed a 9lb on a coho killer and a 6 on a lighthouse Howe sound security. I had a ton of action maybe 5 or so just unders and one likely legal that I let swim. All on on my home made spoons.
Amazing day out there flat calm and T-shirt weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back