2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at Sandheads first light , enough action with wild Coho and grilles to keep us interested . We did get one hatchey Coho .
No Spring hit at all today .
All fish came between 37 and 77 feet on the riggers .
Anchovies and White Hoochie caught the fish .

Like I've said , at SH only if your lucky enough to come across a push, non of them are staging IMHO like the 1st week of Sept, but having said that I have fished SH until Oct some years with a fish or 2. I just enjoy being in the game at stage of the year, its bonus round :)

Also wanted to mention caught poachers (3) jigging for bottom fish. When we approached them they quickly reeled in their lines and when told its illegal to catch bottom fish they claimed they didn't know. So 2 hrs later trolling back to same area there they are doing the same thing. This time they take off before we could reach them and high tailed it back to sunset marina. We chased them in and took pictures of the truck as they were pulling away. When I mentioned it to the marina was told they were warned about bottom fishing when they first arrived. I will be sending pictures and statements to DFO. Really hope something is done as this is a serious abuse of our resources and people like that need to be charged!!!!
Well done Wally,
Every time we see someone jigging for bottom fish in Howe Sound, we take pictures of the boat, call the RAPP reporting line, followed by emailing the pictures to DFO. With a good camera we can take pictures of the Boat registration numbers and the poachers themselves from a long ways off.

Well done Wally,
Every time we see someone jigging for bottom fish in Howe Sound, we take pictures of the boat, call the RAPP reporting line, followed by emailing the pictures to DFO. With a good camera we can take pictures of the Boat registration numbers and the poachers themselves from a long ways off.
Well a report and pictures of boat registration and truck license all emailed to the office in Squamish on Monday. Still no response. Will post if one is ever received

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back