2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At SH. Slow all morning. 30 mins ago hooked up on a big 19 pounder. I am solo and fighting the beast. An aluminum boat that's on plane cruises by but doesn't adjust course and comes flying by from behind my boat and crosses over from my starboard to port side. The wake he made didn't make it easier to land the fish and the 2nd rod that I popped off the clip to bring to the other side was floating on top of the water. Didn't get a chance to reel it in while fighting the fish. He cut my line. Lost my gear. I know it wasn't international but why the heck do people have to come in so close when you are hooked up? Add to that the fish dove under boat when I was about to net it and wrapped itself around the canon ball...goood times...Anyhow... 50ft on riggers..anchovy...170FOW

Fish is in cooler so that's all that matters. Hope to see more people hook up.

Last edited:
Last 2 times out in past 5 days the nooks have all been white...are the reds still around...i know the marbles are.

Is there any way to tell if its a red or white prior to gutting them?

Last 2 times out in past 5 days the nooks have all been white...are the reds still around...i know the marbles are.

Is there any way to tell if its a red or white prior to gutting them?

look at the base of their gill plate. pull gills back slightly you should be able to tell. but.why may i ask? plenty of guys myself included will trade you their reds for whites....

look at the base of their gill plate. pull gills back slightly you should be able to tell. but.why may i ask? plenty of guys myself included will trade you their reds for whites....
depends where they are going to spawn. We caught a white spring at the Cap a few years ago that had little taste but when I had a retail seafood shop many customers would order white spring from WCVI in the spring-great quality and flavour.

Crab tastes so good last night , I decided to make a little more room in the freezer and go again tonight .
Easy limit of 16 for us. Fished up 3 nice size Sole that I will eat for lunch tomorrow.
Be out at SH's on Thursday

Last edited:
Our fight for fair fishing is not over ! From the look of how many boats were on the water later week at the Sandheads alone compared to how many have signed the petition its obvious some have not signed up and if you haven't you should be ashamed of yourself. So please sign it !
Lets all get involved and this is a start to show the Gov't we are not going to just accept one weekend of fishing. We all fish or none of us fish !
https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2725

At the cost of digressing from reports here, I’m going to post this.

I’ve printed copies of the petition and posted in areas close to local launches-Port Man, Rocky Point and Cates specifically. May not be a bad idea to engage the local marinas and get them to put this link in their communications to their clients. After all, more traffic by fishing boats results in more revenues for local businesses and marinas. I think the problem is with communicating these to fishers and not that they don’t care about the fisheries. A lot of people just don’t know!

Back to reports now. Sry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back