Status
Not open for further replies.
Out this morning from 7-11am. I 3-4 lb spring a rock
cod and 4 crab. Enough for the seafood dinner the guests hoped for. Very nice sunny flat water day. Lots of birds and bait but it doesn’t appear ths winter fish are in yet.

Was out on Sat near Whirl Bay. Managed a couple keeper springs and a couple crabs. Although the fishing was slow nature did not disappoint. Humpbacks were feeding all around us all day and a Bald Eagle was after a seagull and they almost ran into us as the gull used our boat to get away. That happened so quick so no pics but the mom Humpback was calling her kids back... time to go.

Was out on Sat near Whirl Bay. Managed a couple keeper springs and a couple crabs. Although the fishing was slow nature did not disappoint. Humpbacks were feeding all around us all day and a Bald Eagle was after a seagull and they almost ran into us as the gull used our boat to get away. That happened so quick so no pics but the mom Humpback was calling her kids back... time to go.
Isn't there some rule about how close you can get to Whales with your boat?

71Km/h wind gusts out there this am. I imagine even those who don't mind it a little sporting are staying home today.

Out to Pedder Bay on Tuesday and Thursday this week. Only very small shakers on Tuesday but had 3 yesterday that were just under. Hoping for a couple of keepers soon. Anchored for hali for a couple of hours yesterday as well but only dogfish for my efforts. Got a limit of crab on both days.

Fished Becher Bay yesterday. Started at Alderage in the 120 ft range but wound up out in the middle of the bay and as far out as Beechy Head. I caught tons of shakers and two keepers all at 110 to 120 feet on the rigger in 250 feet of water. IrishCream spoon and a white hootchie di all the work.

Lots of boats and lots of shakers in Whirl bay today. The biggest lure I had on board was a 6 inch cop car and after getting a badly hooked small one on that I packed it in.

Great day at whirl bay for us. Got our limit between the 2 of us and released 4 more. Was all over the place for depth, from 60-120. Very few shakers for us. Really enjoying fishing with dummy flashers too. 4-6lbs. Not much food in their stomachs this time and not nearly as much feed as 2 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back