2020 Sidney Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many reports out of Sidney lately... although maybe people just aren't fishing. Out at Fairfax this morning. Only boat. Picked up a very healthy 77cm and kept a 64cm that was bleeding.

Skinny G and AP needle on the bottom.

Attachments

• 20200218_104612_resized.jpg
    20200218_104612_resized.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
First time "out" since Thanksgiving! :eek: starting to get the shakes.

Anyway, got out on the In-laws cabin cruiser for a family day boating afternoon. They don't have downriggers, so we drift-jigged from the tip of the Spit to the Powder wharf point in 100+ft deep. Took about an hour and a half to go the length in a 1.5knt ebb. Unsurprisingly, we caught nothing.

Anchored up right off the powder wharf and continued to catch nothing.

Boat BBQ worked well though.

Hi, new to the forum.
Went out trolling between the can bouys last weekend. Snagged an anemone and the football sized rock it was growing on with the ball set at 120’ while the sounder read 140’. Not sure what happened there. Otherwise we marked fish at 120’ but never got any attention from them.

Time for some GREAT news!!

Followed the recent tips from @ryanb and went to fairfax this morning. I hit a beauty 10# slump buster right right away that ended my drought of over 40 hours and a dozen plus fishing attempts without meat :)

I Hooked and released a couple more just unders over the next couple/few hours and on my last pass had a small nibble that looked to be a shaker and when I dragged it up to the boat from 150’ it woke up and we had a great battle which I won. It was the pretty much the twin brother of the first one weighing in at 11.5lbs

what an adventure! mostly due to my solo netting “skills”

Awwwww yeah!!!!!

F8991D7B-EA71-42C8-B9CB-87DDA93DBD55.jpeg

Skinny g’s
Outfitter and Irish cream. The salty dawg was just for scale although I did get bit on the salty dawg too.

it was derby winner and no bananas flashers. 150-170’ of water near the bottom.

Beautiful day out at fairfax this morn with Ned couple other boats out there saw a,few fish netted only 2 for us just undersized 1 60cm 1 61 cm so close great start for the year

We’ve entered the Mill Bay Derby and have never fished the area. Could someone explain to me where Fairfax is?

Went out for my first trip of 2020 this afternoon. Solo fished Moresby from 1 -4 through the tide change. A couple of barely under and one that came for the BBQ that was 65 cm. Lots of bait around. Caught one on a green skinny G and the other two on a lemon lime AP sandlance. All on the bottom between 130 and 160'. Pretty quiet out there for a Sunday, only one other boat around.

Went out today and broke in our new electric downriggers (I had no idea trolling could be so pleasant) along the west side of Fairfax Point. Some of you might have seen two yahoos in bright floater coats on a boat with no canopy, that was us. We marked a number of fish on the sounder but we also marked a river of bait along the bottom. We tried all the favourite spoons but no takers. We think there may have been too much food to make chasing our spoons worthwhile.

First crack at Halibut for the season. Great day out there, but not a sniff. Fished between D’arcy and Zero Rock, which lived up to its name lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back