2020 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished quarry bay and just south of the bay near akland rock Saturday morning. Had 3 unders and managed to get a 10lber in 2.5 hours. Went out this morning and started just south of acland rock at 6am, got a 13lber in the boat by 6:30am. Both fish were caught between 135ft and 150ft. Both on pesca spoons.

Which colour spoons were working for you? I’ve been luckiest with black splatter Silver Horde.

Full shift from 2 til 8 at Epsom, shaker, shaker, shaker. Man this weather needs to hit the road. 5 to 15 my butt.

Be aware there are 2 booms off Wilson creek that are dropping 40' logs, I dodged 4 on my way in just now.

Last edited:
Whats the fishing like up there in the middle to end of August?
Tends to trend southwards as fish move to the Fraser mouth through late August / early Sept. Keep in mind Chinook are only open till Aug 14 (until further notice)

Tends to trend southwards as fish move to the Fraser mouth through late August / early Sept. Keep in mind Chinook are only open till Aug 14 (until further notice)
Hi, curious to know where you found the closure for chinook from Aug. 15. Latest Rec. fisheries notice "FN0674-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Chinook - Northeast Vancouver Island - Areas 11 to 17 - Reminder of Measures - Effective July 15, 2020" says Chinook is open for retention of one in the slot size until Aug 31 and two over 62 cm Sept 1 in Area 16 where Sasqman is asking about.

I am happy to be wrong. I was going off the initial opening for area 16, apparently updated . If extended that’s great as I hope the great fishing continues into the late summer!

Hi, curious to know where you found the closure for chinook from Aug. 15. Latest Rec. fisheries notice "FN0674-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Chinook - Northeast Vancouver Island - Areas 11 to 17 - Reminder of Measures - Effective July 15, 2020" says Chinook is open for retention of one in the slot size until Aug 31 and two over 62 cm Sept 1 in Area 16 where Sasqman is asking about.
I can’t find the Sept 1st reference. So is that an extra day or open Sept 1 until further notice for over 62s?

I can’t find the Sept 1st reference. So is that an extra day or open Sept 1 until further notice for over 62s?
In FN0674...
"Strait of Georgia - North - Areas 13 to 17 (excluding those portions listed below) and Subareas 29-1 and 29-2:

00:01 hours July 15 to 23:59 hours August 31: One (1) Chinook per day with a maximum size limit of 80 cm on marked and unmarked Chinook.

00:01 hours September 1 to 23:59 hours December 31: Two (2) Chinook per day"

In FN0674...
"Strait of Georgia - North - Areas 13 to 17 (excluding those portions listed below) and Subareas 29-1 and 29-2:

00:01 hours July 15 to 23:59 hours August 31: One (1) Chinook per day with a maximum size limit of 80 cm on marked and unmarked Chinook.

00:01 hours September 1 to 23:59 hours December 31: Two (2) Chinook per day"
Aw heck I thought we could keep the bigger ones starting August not September 1!

I told those 2 nice ones I got this morning that I’d be back for them next week

Fished quarry bay Saturday and today. Saturday from 6:20 am to 11am. Got an 11lb Around 7 am in 250ft of water 180ft on the rigger, just south of akland rock on a no bananas Gforce. After that just 3 shakers. Then went out to the A-Frame from 7pm till 9pm got a hit at 141ft on the rigger but lost the fish. Fished quarry again today 5:45am till 9am, one dog fish and 3 shakers. Great weather and awesome water conditions so can’t complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back