2020 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet, I will be around Secret Cove Friday through Monday so wave if you happen to be in the area. We tie up at Port Stalashen but will be around the Islands primarily. Cheers.

I'll be out there! Will be in the 93' Proline center consul - sorting out kicker for Hourston

Wow! So helpful! Ill be fishing the Monday to Wednesday, heading up from Vancouver. Sounds like the gear is the same as we've been using here. Very excited! First light bite typically? Also, any luck with Lingcod, rock cod or Halibut in the area? No need to give specifics as I know people can be pretty protective.

Wow! So helpful! Ill be fishing the Monday to Wednesday, heading up from Vancouver. Sounds like the gear is the same as we've been using here. Very excited! First light bite typically? Also, any luck with Lingcod, rock cod or Halibut in the area? No need to give specifics as I know people can be pretty protective.

Always done good with 4" orange buzz bombs jigging bottom, or a whole hearing let it touch bottom then reel just about 1 ft off bottom and watch the tip of the rod get pulled into the water lol, check regs for sure regarding ling and cod closures around there.

tides look really good all through the weekend - hit the slacks and dawn patrol so you can max out your days, i'd say
definitely ling and rock cod, not many halibut (I hear of only a few halis per year in this area). make sure to avoid the RCAs if you go jigging - several in area.
see you out there

I fish both areas and I actually find fish hit differently from the coast to the lower mainland. Could just be the timing but you dont have to slog through the Fraser muck and the further north you go the cleaner the water is. My green glow flasher / white jug head never let's me down up the coast. I do way better on rubber than metal up there personally but in the end bait beats all and you can still go see the mercers for freshies from time to time.

I was finding juvenile lings in the shallows around Robert's creek last summer it was great to see. I'm so stoked to be going up this weekend and then I will be up from july 14 to August 3rd straight. Cant wait.

Pretty big afternoon tide this weekend with lows around 4 to 5 pm. Will make for some afternoon fun, and I bet an awesome evening flood bite.

all of the above spots have coho right now.. I will also add that 2 years ago at right around this time until mid-july, the bjerre shoal was absolutely on fire for coho, to the point where it was almost impossible to get gear down to the chinook.

have fun

I was just looking through my grandpa's old charts from 1970. Note the price at the top left! He has that shoal circled! Its gotta be good, haha. Itll be cool to fish where he fished.

Attachments

• 20200623_152539.jpg
    20200623_152539.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 138
And who didn't spend too much time at the Wakefield anyway...man they killed the spirit in West Sechelt the day Sparling ripped that place down. Never mind the Peninsula Hotel off the highway near Gibsons haha. Anyway I know my buddy picked up a nice looking ling tonight somewhere off Secret Cove reefs....will try and find out where.

And who didn't spend too much time at the Wakefield anyway...man they killed the spirit in West Sechelt the day Sparling ripped that place down. Never mind the Peninsula Hotel off the highway near Gibsons haha. Anyway I know my buddy picked up a nice looking ling tonight somewhere off Secret Cove reefs....will try and find out where.
No love for the Jolly Roger?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back