2020 Port Renfrew Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try in the morning 7-30 8am, they usually hang out in front of the store, they can ear the phone, store is closed most of the time so you need to catch him when he is close by, as his phone range is only good around the store
They updated the website yesterday evening . Hopefully see you this year Brutus

Last edited:
Went up yesterday to get the boat ready for this summer , took it for a test run and fished for a couple hours in the bay . My daughter played a couple of teenagers to the boat .

Last edited:
Finally got out to Renfrew yesterday. Beautiful day with no wind and very little swell so could run out at speed. Two halibut on salmon bellies, a small hatchery coho on buzz bomb while waiting for the
halibut and a monster skate. I can now scratch 'get major skate snout abrasions on my hands and forearm while cutting off hooks" off my bucket list. The skate swam away with a hook in its lip but since that is still less metal in its face than some of the kids these days Im pretty sure it will be fine :)

FN0673 that just came out an hr ago.
Looks like the swiftsure bank isn't going to open for retention till Aug.1?
Am I reading this notice correctly?
Thanks

Last edited:
FN0673 that just came out an hr ago.
Looks like the swiftsure bank isn't going to open for retention till Aug.1?
Am I reading this notice correctly?
Thanks
I read as 2x per day to 80cm from the 15 to 31, 2x no slot sze from aug 1 on

I wouldn't fret too much about the limit as I was out there a week ago on the US side and there were NO CHINOOK to be found. I made several stops in different parts of the bank. Only a few wild dinky coho. Bait was extremely sparse and the whales were way west. Maybe it'll turn on but by last year at this time, my freezer was pretty much stocked for the winter from just 3 trips to Swiftsure. Completely different out there this year. I stopped by a couple of other boats out there (there weren't many) and they had the same results. They were resigned to just fishing coho. I've seen a couple of others reporting similar results since then. This was only the second time I've been blanked out there.

Finally put a full day of fishing in on Saturday , Flat calm and a little wet. Fished east point and for the most part alone . A number of teenagers and a couple in the 20 's to the boat with a nice one taken by a seal . Kind of surreal fishing in a popular spot with minimal boats or none at times .

Finally put a full day of fishing in on Saturday , Flat calm and a little wet. Fished east point and for the most part alone . A number of teenagers and a couple in the 20 's to the boat with a nice one taken by a seal . Kind of surreal fishing in a popular spot with minimal boats or none at times .
The way it should be, compared to a wall mart parking lot. Fishing sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back