2020 Port Renfrew Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve been in Renfrew for a few weeks now. Weather has been on and off but still great to be at our place. We have been out to Swiftsure 3 times and anchored up in a few spots. Halibut fishing was a bit slower but the quality of fish is better than other years. I’ve been taking my kids out mostly for the “nightbite” at a few of the local favourite spots. We have released Springs every time out and the numbers seem decent for this time of year considering we aren’t fishing hardcore right now. A few good crab feeds have been happening as well and it is pretty good as usual early on in the summer. Overall a great few weeks and a much needed escape from our other life...lol. Here is a shot of my son and his summer Renfrew buddy with a good one from the other day. It was 49lbs but they are saying 50 since we bled it out...lol. I’m good with that. :cool:

Attachments

• 50lb.jpg
    50lb.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
News flash, the jackel sent me a report of good fishing , got into few goodys today , all release to live another day, been here since tuesday and my boat still on the hard lol

News flash, the jackel sent me a report of good fishing , got into few goodys today , all release to live another day, been here since tuesday and my boat still on the hard lol
He always get them. I may have to get on the Hauler and experience the greatness

Well, been here for 2 weeks working on camp, msnage to get out on friday rubbing elbows with my buddy the jackel, even fished cut plugs myself, again he put the hammer down, hooking up many up to mid thirty's, estimated, all the top moochers were doing very well, hell even i got 2, 10-12 lbs and the other 20 plus, hope it olds up looks like the season will be awesome. Back to work for a week then back at her.

Good to hear Brutus. I’m heading back tomorrow for a week so it sounds like the kids will have some fun. The fish were around when I left and sounds like it’s just getting better.

It will be July before we on the WA side can launch at Neah Bay so very few US residents will be accessing Swiftsure until then. So for a brief period of time, you guys will have the place mostly to yourselves. I'll be looking forward to your reports from the area as a preview of what I might encounter on the bank when I'm allowed to get there.
I rather doubt our American fishing friends will be allowed across the border to fish anytime soon. The border closure has been extended once and will likely be extended again and my understanding is Canadian Fishing Licenses are also not available to Americans.
https://www.allpointbulletin.com/stories/border-closure-looks-certain-to-extend-past-july,10891

I rather doubt our American fishing friends will be allowed across the border to fish anytime soon. The border closure has been extended once and will likely be extended again and my understanding is Canadian Fishing Licenses are also not available to Americans.
https://www.allpointbulletin.com/stories/border-closure-looks-certain-to-extend-past-july,10891
Rumor is Prm will be open to seasonal only, no launch no overnight to temporary camping period for the rest of the season, not written in stone yet but will be announce shortly,

I was hoping to come up for a spell this summer since I havent been able to make it in a few years with work. Unfortunate but I totally understand their reasoning and I think its commendable that PRM will sacrifice some revenue to keep the community safe.

I was hoping to come up for a spell this summer since I havent been able to make it in a few years with work. Unfortunate but I totally understand their reasoning and I think its commendable that PRM will sacrifice some revenue to keep the community safe.

You can still get daily moorage at Pacific Gateway. It just means you have to stay elsewhere if you were planning on camping at PRM.

Is the Outpost closed this year? I heard the Clubhouse was going to be open

I have my boat in storage at the port Renfrew marina and was planning on getting it ready for the season this week . Waiting for an update on the their website and have emailed and phoned with no answer

Is the Outpost closed this year? I heard the Clubhouse was going to be open
Yeah were closed for now, and likely for the season. Clubhouse will be operating at a reduced capacity. The Outpost is a small lodge so we dont really have that luxury of operating with lower numbers. Thats all I know about the situation thus far.

I have my boat in storage at the port Renfrew marina and was planning on getting it ready for the season this week . Waiting for an update on the their website and have emailed and phoned with no answer

I was over a few times to grab some bait a few weeks ago. They have doing work putting in more spots where all the trailers are usually park and a clean up. Bud and Rex were both there so someone hopefully gets back to you.

Try in the morning 7-30 8am, they usually hang out in front of the store, they can ear the phone, store is closed most of the time so you need to catch him when he is close by, as his phone range is only good around the store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back