2020 Port Renfrew Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked like a horse wreck at the Preakness, boats bumping and grinding in a direction unknown. Real good stuff. Some fish around, a few large ones here and there. Moochers on fire Saturday, not so much Sunday. I will pass next year on August gong weekend in Rennie!

Looked like a horse wreck at the Preakness, boats bumping and grinding in a direction unknown. Real good stuff. Some fish around, a few large ones here and there. Moochers on fire Saturday, not so much Sunday. I will pass next year on August gong weekend in Rennie!
Calm here in langley lol, no fish . Avoid long weekends at all cost, sanity is more important

No Chinook for us on the bank on the US side over the weekend. Checked in with a number of boats out there and nada. Maybe better for the Canadian boats, but we were sure disappointed after some good reports from a few days ago. Coho were really small still. 4-5 pounds.

Washington state fishers, take no offence to my question , looking to clarify conflicting reports: Are you able to purchase a Canadian
License this season and fish our waters?

Washington state fishers, take no offence to my question , looking to clarify conflicting reports: Are you able to purchase a Canadian

Checked.

I can confirm that the system will NOT sell a license to a non-resident.

HB

No, there's a notice on a fisheries page that says clearly that we cannot recreate across the border, including boating, fishing, etc. In year's past, I've enjoy the Pt. Renfrew nearshore fishery for my girls that have seasickness issues, and the Neah Bay shoreline closes at the end of July for chinook. But, we won't be there this year.

Clearly American citizens are not allowed across the border for anything but essential services or on route to Alaska (which some are cheating and getting caught,) and fishing is not essential!
I have been checked twice by DFO - Police in a Canadian registered boat and asked for proof of residence. ie a drivers license and told they are watching for USA citizens braking the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meanwhile a few days ago while fishing for halibut east of Race Rocks I had a 28ft aluminum fly by at full speed 50 ft off my bow. Flying an American flag. Came through the passage at Race on the north side of Race. Clearly in Canadian waters

Does anyone know if the coho derby is still on at the end of September? Wanna book accommodations if it’s still moving forward and on what date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back