Coffee Shop
View attachment 55209

Outside the General Store
View attachment 55210

Sunset from the boardwalk
View attachment 55211

Lines out for a couple hours in the sound
View attachment 55212

My buddy who has never caught a Salmon before caught a bunch of Pinks, Coho and lost a nice Spring.
View attachment 55213

Glad to see that trough is coming in handy.

Great pictures of the trip up there. I've always towed up to TC from south island but would be nice to do it by water sometime--though I think the scenery would be more interesting on the mainland side from Campbell River southward. Love the shot 'arriving at Telegraph Cove'--I can't think of a nicer little harbour to be pulling into after a long day on the water.

Glad to see that trough is coming in handy.
The one on my boat now I actually just made before this trip but I still have the one you sold me. That one I have gifted to a friend of mine who needed one for his boat. I wanted to practice some metal bending with the new finger pan brake I bought so I made another trough for my boat. Love playing around with metal and it's a hobby for me. Now I just need to buy a shear though lol. Disc cutting the metal is time consuming and makes a mess. I kept your mount on my boat and welded this trough on to your mount cause I had bolted the mount down through behind my fish holding tank and it was a tight spot to get bolts/nuts through so didn't want to mess with the mount again. Will make a new mount for my buddies boat when your trough goes on that one. I mig welded this one but want to tig weld one too. Gotta practice some more with the tig welding though to be confident enough to attempt that.

20200721_204357.jpg

20200722_165813.jpg

20200722_165834.jpg

20200722_165851.jpg

20200724_202542.jpg

20200724_203143.jpg

Continued....
Whale museum on the boardwalk
View attachment 55204

View down the boardwalk
View attachment 55205

View down the boardwalk
View attachment 55206

My buddy on the boardwalk
View attachment 55207

General Store
View attachment 55208

Coffee Shop
View attachment 55209

View attachment 55210

View attachment 55211

View attachment 55212

My buddy who has never caught a Salmon before caught a bunch of Pinks, Coho and lost a nice Spring.
View attachment 55213

Awesome report CD, enjoyed it.

Ouch on the bashing of the owners of Telegraph Cove Marina. The "new" owners are actually the kids of the original owners who built the marina and Dockside 29. Unfortunately, yes, prices do have to be adjusted from time to time and it's been a number of years since the moorage rates have gone up. I can't speak for the "rudeness" that others have indicated here on the forum, but I've never experienced anything but fine hospitality from the owners. They were great to work with this year, as I had to cancel both my trips up to TC due to the Covid closure.

And, I think that the "new" owners are full time Canadian citizens now. At least I know they have sold their place in the states and are building a new home at the Cove.

July 19-24

Fishing was ok. We got some fish in the slot. We released some undersize, but didn’t get anything over. Picked up some coho. Lots of pink.

We went thru tons of bait with the amount of pink around. Changed depths but couldn’t seem to avoid them.

Fished the regular spots. Best bites were first thing in the morning.

No halibut. Tried the regular spots. Just dogfish.

Crabbing was ok. Prawning wasn’t great. Lost all my gear. I put it fairly close to the log booms and figure it got hung up and dragged down the channel. Regardless prawning wasn’t great in beaver when I had the traps.

Most of the fish we got was on bait, but did pick this one up on a white hootchie at flower on our last pass on our final day. Just under 17lbs and pretty much right at the max length.

5A0C2B8F-5469-4A7F-AFF1-7AC302856EBB.jpeg

Generally a great trip. We always enjoy coming up here. It’s a beautiful part of the world.

Also I didn’t have any problems with the moorage etc. they were good to deal with.

July 19-24

Fishing was ok. We got some fish in the slot. We released some undersize, but didn’t get anything over. Picked up some coho. Lots of pink.

We went thru tons of bait with the amount of pink around. Changed depths but couldn’t seem to avoid them.

Fished the regular spots. Best bites were first thing in the morning.

No halibut. Tried the regular spots. Just dogfish.

Crabbing was ok. Prawning wasn’t great. Lost all my gear. I put it fairly close to the log booms and figure it got hung up and dragged down the channel. Regardless prawning wasn’t great in beaver when I had the traps.

Most of the fish we got was on bait, but did pick this one up on a white hootchie at flower on our last pass on our final day. Just under 17lbs and pretty much right at the max length.

View attachment 55251

Generally a great trip. We always enjoy coming up here. It’s a beautiful part of the world.

Also I didn’t have any problems with the moorage etc. they were good to deal with.

Nice fish and looks like good weather to. Hows the wind been up there? Looking to hook into some of those this weekend there

Continued....
Whale museum on the boardwalk
View attachment 55204

View down the boardwalk
View attachment 55205

View down the boardwalk
View attachment 55206

My buddy on the boardwalk
View attachment 55207

General Store
View attachment 55208

Coffee Shop
View attachment 55209

View attachment 55210

View attachment 55211

View attachment 55212

View attachment 55213
[/QUOTE
Great story, I can see my boat in the marina pic

Wind was fine when I was there. There was the regular afternoon blow, but nothing to be concerned about. We didn’t have any fog issues, but you will typically get some fog this time of year.

We fished Mitchell Bay a few times over the past week and found enough fish to keep coming back. Chinook action was all tight to the kelp trolling in 50-65’ of water with gear close to the bottom.

green/yellow spoons and hootchies.

it’s been flat calm for most of the day lately with no fog.

I've alway driven past Mitchell Bay on the way to Lizard or Black Bluff and never fished there. It seems like a spot that gets less boats (alway nice). Is there any particular tide that's good for Mitchell?

I've alway driven past Mitchell Bay on the way to Lizard or Black Bluff and never fished there. It seems like a spot that gets less boats (alway nice). Is there any particular tide that's good for Mitchell?
Have always heard of big ones from the bay by the locals (like 40-50lb big ones) over the years (10 years back and beyond) - I always found it better for coho - have had some of my best coho fishing ever infront of the kelp - to the point my arms were sore (and one literally jumped into my boat during a double header! That was a first). The lodge boats occasionally stop in there to either start first light or a couple of tacks on the way back home, so that must say something. Don't recall on which tides best personally, but coming back in a week for first time in like 7 years so looking forward to it.

Well an epic day to say the least, 3 Springs to the boat only one keeper, and another I thought was a spring ended up about a 13-14# coho. A day late, what a bummer. Best fight of the three Springs though. So now it was only 7:30am and I went and picked the wife up, checked the crab traps 4 jumbos and then 200 prawns with about 70 jumbo s. All before noon, I've said it a million times, I love this place

Fishing out of alder bay this past week
Lost 2 prawn traps and float ect
Thursday morning Near lizard point
The phone # on the float is 250 710 7115
Please keep an eye out for a stray float Bobbing around
I’m being optimistic that it just got pulled out by the current
Thks

any reports from TC area? Heading up today and going for a quick fish and boat ride tomorrow.

Going to show some family the Broughtons. Any fishing reports would be much appreciated. Was planning on doing morning slack at flower and then a little tour through the islands and maybe hit another area for the afternoon slack. Our better fishing last summer was right out front the cove!

any reports from TC area? Heading up today and going for a quick fish and boat ride tomorrow.

Going to show some family the Broughtons. Any fishing reports would be much appreciated. Was planning on doing morning slack at flower and then a little tour through the islands and maybe hit another area for the afternoon slack. Our better fishing last summer was right out front the cove!

don’t know about reports but be careful of the winds next couple days. johnstone can be a real beast with these NW winds. i almost met davy jones in Blackney passage a few years ago

H

Hey Josh, nice to see you in the cove tonight, hope all goes well tomorrow and please stop in any time your in the area.

H

Hey Josh, nice to see you in the cove tonight, hope all goes well tomorrow and please stop in any time your in the area.

That sounds good, Was great to see you Ed, and nice to meet your other half. Will report back on here. Going to jump around quite a bit tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back