2020 OKANAGAN LAKE FISHING THREAD

Fished Ellison to Whisky Cove, surface to 50, buck tails, plugs of various sizes and a coho killer, nothing.

Didn’t see anything on the sounder. Depths of water from 130-270.

Got out early today. 3 to boat, couple in 17-18” range and one smaller guy. Lyman “Hat” Trixie ;). Flatline and down to 40’. Not monsters but looked healthy. Released them all. Not a bad morning on moody OK Lake!

Anyone have luck with spoons on OK Lake? Can’t get much action on them myself....coho killers, skinny g, razorback, etc...with dodger/flasher or no?

Any fishing reports for OK Lake lately? Surface temps in the 60s so I imagine still possible to catch on top if early and right conditions, but will likely start slowing down?

Any fishing reports for OK Lake lately? Surface temps in the 60s so I imagine still possible to catch on top if early and right conditions, but will likely start slowing down?

caught 20 3/4" and lost fish in the derby at 69' on wood ***** fishinator and sounds like anywhere between 40 and 80' were the goto depths, colors pink/white , black/white, blue/chrome. The lake itself becomes a $hit show after about 10:30 - 11am. So early bird gets the worm 5am start would be by rec, also this time of year the fishing is really all over the place prob wont fish it much with the warmer weather rather head to the shu.

I see Rod H. continues to pull hogs out of OK Lake these days. Not sure what depths he's finding them at. I've tried a couple times but nothing (5am-10am).

I see Rod H. continues to pull hogs out of OK Lake these days. Not sure what depths he's finding them at. I've tried a couple times but nothing (5am-10am).

yup his spot this time of year is usually early am down the middle from casaloma to the bridge and back thats where he bagged that beauty yesterday.

Not much snow at Apex and mild weather still running. Might have to go for a troll this weekend...

Should be getting good out there now... Shake down test on the new boat coming soon on Skaha. Prefer it to the big lake.

the launches do eventually ice up but the lake itself stays open both of them do, fish it while you can lots of big ones coming out to play lately.
its good to see... strange how the kokanee return was good and the rainbow fishing quality goes up. Guess these Bows don't eat bugs.

Skaha has changed a lot. My uneducated guess is way more biomass after almost two decades of sockeye fry release and adult returns. Nowadays in fall it's normal to see spawned out fish in the shallows or on beaches.

Back