2020 OKANAGAN LAKE FISHING THREAD

Discussion in '2020 Freshwater Fishing Reports' started by kingblazer84, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Fisher_dude

Fisher_dude Well-Known Member

Went 1 for 3 yesterday. Wind was BRUTAL. Red Mac squid at 51. Couple pounds. Lost a solid fish on the same setup.

kingblazer84 likes this.
  2. donnie d

donnie d Active Member

Fished Ellison to Whisky Cove, surface to 50, buck tails, plugs of various sizes and a coho killer, nothing.

Didn’t see anything on the sounder. Depths of water from 130-270.

3. WoollyBugger

WoollyBugger New Member

Couple hours spent on Friday evening. Caught Saturday's breakfast on surface w/ bucktail, 17". Full of black ants.

Oly1 and kingblazer84 like this.
  4. WoollyBugger

WoollyBugger New Member

Got out early today. 3 to boat, couple in 17-18” range and one smaller guy. Lyman “Hat” Trixie ;). Flatline and down to 40’. Not monsters but looked healthy. Released them all. Not a bad morning on moody OK Lake!

kingblazer84 likes this.
  5. WoollyBugger

WoollyBugger New Member

Anyone have luck with spoons on OK Lake? Can’t get much action on them myself....coho killers, skinny g, razorback, etc...with dodger/flasher or no?

6. Fisher_dude

Fisher_dude Well-Known Member

Caught my biggest rainbow on a 3” cop car glow coyote on Okanagan Last year. Caught a lot of fish on that spoon.

kingblazer84 likes this.
  7. WoollyBugger

WoollyBugger New Member

Any fishing reports for OK Lake lately? Surface temps in the 60s so I imagine still possible to catch on top if early and right conditions, but will likely start slowing down?

8. kingblazer84

kingblazer84 Well-Known Member

caught 20 3/4" and lost fish in the derby at 69' on wood pussy fishinator and sounds like anywhere between 40 and 80' were the goto depths, colors pink/white , black/white, blue/chrome. The lake itself becomes a $hit show after about 10:30 - 11am. So early bird gets the worm 5am start would be by rec, also this time of year the fishing is really all over the place prob wont fish it much with the warmer weather rather head to the shu.