2020 OKANAGAN LAKE FISHING THREAD

Discussion in '2020 Freshwater Fishing Reports' started by kingblazer84, Jan 3, 2020.

1. kingblazer84

kingblazer84 Well-Known Member

Happy New Year Okanagan Lake Anglers lets post up some reports and pics of fish being caught recently!

2019 was a pretty good year for Okanagan Lake with some bigger fish being caught consistently which was a nice change!

lets keep the catching of big fish coming

Tight Lines!

Fisher_dude likes this.
  2. Fisher_dude

Fisher_dude Well-Known Member

Was out yesterday for a few hours. 3 good hits and that was it. Couldn’t get them to stick. 2 came on the candy cane bucktail from BCRob with 1 oz weight and the other was on a Lyman flatty on my type 6 sink. Water temp was 36-38 degrees.

kingblazer84 likes this.
  3. Big Green Machine

Big Green Machine Well-Known Member

Are you the fella with the Thunderjet?

4. Fisher_dude

Yessir. Although I’ve never been referred to as a fella. Hahha.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  5. Fisher_dude

6. Fisher_dude

Was out today for a few hours. 2 fish to the boat on this plug. This is not me obviously. upload_2020-2-9_22-0-14.jpeg

7. Big Green Machine

Big Green Machine Well-Known Member

Looks like a Great Lakes Steelhead

8. Fisher_dude

It’s the only pic I could find with the plug in it. It’s from Lyman’s website

9. dfcanuck

dfcanuck New Member

LOL! It was dead, put a lure in the mouth, and snapped a pic. Tease me, please me, but Do NOT disease me with pics of fish you never caught!! C'mon Man! That being said, I do have a dozen or so Lyman plugs in my box... just seems like the hype is harder than those wooden Lyman's, or my "rod"... I seem to catch more on Apex or bucktails than "Laid-mans"(sorry Valentines joke). Maybe it depends what lake u r fishing, when, and how horny the fish are , LOL.

10. tubber

tubber Well-Known Member

dfcanuck, welcome to the forum. No need to post anymore.

Fisher_dude likes this.
  11. dfcanuck

dfcanuck New Member

Tubber, sorry for that. I understand. I will temper my posts and be more "real". As such, I am "really" looking to do a 5-7 day fishing trip in April to BC interior lakes- Adams, Slocan, Upper Arrow, Trout, North Kootenay.
    Playing it by ear right now, depending on the weather etc.. I have time (retired) on my side, I patience on my side, I have age on my side! I have many years of fishing BC eastern coastal waters when I was a lot younger! Some of those stories, which were not "stories" but were real life back then, would amaze some of the younger generation that do not have my background/family history.

12. Fisher_dude

I wasn’t posting it for the fish. It was just to show what I was catching fish on. Great post though