Status
Not open for further replies.
This Covid stay inside crap has got me going stir crazy! Can't wait to get up there. Counting the days! Keep the pics coming Robert it sure helps with the excitement. Looking forward to the Springs, Coho, Hali's and bottom fish!

This Covid stay inside crap has got me going stir crazy! Can't wait to get up there. Counting the days! Keep the pics coming Robert it sure helps with the excitement. Looking forward to the Springs, Coho, Hali's and bottom fish!
Are you taking your boat over? If so, where are you Planning to launch?

I spoke with Nootka Marine Adventures and they have been in contact with the folks who manage the ramp in GR. Nothing new, same deal, they are pacing the ramp's opening with the BC gov't protocols. Anyway I ended up bowing out of our Moutcha reservation as there really isn't a reasonable way for me to get my boat out there without something going sideways. They will contact me should they receive confirmation that the ramp in GR is open, and if there's still room at the resort, I will make all efforts to book again for this season. Otherwise, it will be a 2021 trip. I have to say I have been really impressed with how NMA handled this matter and will definitely be a guest there in future.

I spoke with Nootka Marine Adventures and they have been in contact with the folks who manage the ramp in GR. Nothing new, same deal, they are pacing the ramp's opening with the BC gov't protocols. Anyway I ended up bowing out of our Moutcha reservation as there really isn't a reasonable way for me to get my boat out there without something going sideways. They will contact me should they receive confirmation that the ramp in GR is open, and if there's still room at the resort, I will make all efforts to book again for this season. Otherwise, it will be a 2021 trip. I have to say I have been really impressed with how NMA handled this matter and will definitely be a guest there in future.

I’m like you I’m still up in the air as to what to do. It’s bugging the heck out of me to not make a trip this year but so many variables still up in the air. One good thing I don’t think being over booked will be an issue this year when a person does decide one should be able to get in some place at least close to the desired times.

I’m like you I’m still up in the air as to what to do. It’s bugging the heck out of me to not make a trip this year but so many variables still up in the air. One good thing I don’t think being over booked will be an issue this year when a person does decide one should be able to get in some place at least close to the desired times.

I hear ya, I had 3 weeks booked over the summer and canceled. Then booked 5 days for the derby and then canceled Due to the restrictions on the washrooms and showers, then convinced a few buddy’s to go and am booked for 8 days at the end of the month. It’s been a logistical nightmare but the Moucha Bay staff have been outstanding to say the least. Now if I could only find a kick butt spot for Hali’s I’d be in tip top shape.

Ya it blows but that's the world we're in. Meanwhile from first light on July 15 (provided the regs follow last years' pattern) I will be starting off Squitty Bay and in that central Georgia Strait area for the next 2 weeks. Still lots of cool spots on the inside, certainly not the same experience unfortunately. See how it goes.

How’s that road compared to Tahsis and how’s the parking in Zebellos for your trailer/truck?
We are staying at Robert's place at Port Eliza and he's my local contact for information regarding the current conditions of roads, launches etc. According to his post a few days ago on this thread the Zebellos road is in good condition and it's 42 kms vs 60km Tahsis road. There's parking for trucks and trailers at the Zebello's launch.

We are staying at Robert's place at Port Eliza and he's my local contact for information regarding the current conditions of roads, launches etc. According to his post a few days ago on this thread the Zebellos road is in good condition and it's 42 kms vs 60km Tahsis road. There's parking for trucks and trailers at the Zebello's launch.

I was on the road to Zabellos Monday, It was in very good shape. Ill be on it again Sunday so can report then. There is widening construction not far from Zabellos, so its a but rough in there. The widening near the start of the road off the island highway is complete, that section is nice now. There is a sign saying something about checkpoints by the natives at the cutoff, but that is on the reservation land, you don't go through it just going to town and they are just recording names going through in any case, not turning people back.

Parking is $5 per day for truck, $10 for truck and Trailer. It is an easier drive than going to Tahsis, and takes about the same amount of time.

Curious if Critter Cove or any of the Marinas have their washrooms and showers open during this craziness.
Planning a trip with sleeping on Boat for 3-4 days. Just want access to facilities with moorage

thanks in advance

craig

Not planning on the Jack n' Jill but was planning on the Shakedown. Given that I am coming from the US and the ongoing launch issues at GR I doubt that will be happening.

The border won’t be opening any time soon. With the COVID-19 cases still increasing in Washington state, the BC border will not open. Even if it did open, you’d have to isolate for 14 days before you could move around Canada. Looks more like US citizens will have to wait until 2021 to fish here.

We had 4 days of good weather and good fishing. We threw out the prawn traps on the way out for our work party Thursday. Then on the high tide pulled the docks and ramp threw the gap.

It took us about 4 hours to get that all set up then work on the water line. Of course NO water so had to search for that. Found a broken fitting and repaired it so the water was fixed. Good day on the projects so off to check the prawn traps.

It wasn’t to bad as we got 220 prawns. The best part was 210 of them were jumbos.

The next morning it was time for a troll out front. Within 5 minutes this beast hit and ran in front, to the side and around the boat. After putting the rod around and under the downrigger the line was clear to fight it out and net this 34 pound beast. 4 more Springs and it was time to get back to work.

The other boat went and checked the traps and brought back 400 prawns. Very large and good numbers.

All in all a great trip and I’ll upload some pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back