Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it’s still early but boat traffic inside the sound is very quite. Seen a few boats this week coming and going from Critter. Couple boats are prawning near Hisnit and 1 boat at the end of the dock at Cougar last 3 days. Havnt seen any boat traffic from Moutcha.

Took these pictures above Cougar Creek yesterday from my office window. My mobile office Is a off-highway logging truck...

View attachment 52018 View attachment 52020
Some bigger springs showing up in Kyuquot18 -20 lb

Went out for halibut yesterday, no keepers but one about 80lbs that was released about 4 miles out. Garden point area has feeder sized chinook and a few reports of some bigger fish off Ferrer and further North. Prawning continues to be decent right across the inlet from the lodge.

Attachments

• 20200416_155535.jpg
    20200416_155535.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 174
Keep it coming, guys. Hope the world is safe once again soon, and our trip to nootka in july is possible. If not this year we will definitely let it ride until it is.

Keep it coming, guys. Hope the world is safe once again soon, and our trip to nootka in july is possible. If not this year we will definitely let it ride until it is.
Hey ab1752, when in July are you going to Nootka? Our plan is to leave for Nootka on July 25 and stay for one week at Mutcha Bay. Let's cross our fingers.

Hey ab1752, when in July are you going to Nootka? Our plan is to leave for Nootka on July 25 and stay for one week at Mutcha Bay. Let's cross our fingers.

Just gonna miss ya, we are there from July 10 to the 16th also at Moutcha Bay. Fingers crossed for a safe summer for the lodge employees who facilitate the crazy guests like ourselves, my boat anyway.

Just gonna miss ya, we are there from July 10 to the 16th also at Moutcha Bay. Fingers crossed for a safe summer for the lodge employees who facilitate the crazy guests like ourselves, my boat anyway.
Oh, that's too bad. Let's hope things get back to normal or semi-normal by then.

Hmmm, Where exactly is the Espearnza Gas Bar? I know there's gas at Westview. I typically gas up at Moucha or Critter.

Thanks, On a side note whats the road like to Zeballos? is it worth trailering a boat there?

It’s do-able. it’s pretty long, i think about 42 k of logging roads. there is a pretty big climb and then a fairly steep decent before you get into Zeballos. there is no place to repair flats in zeballos but if you get a flat you can take it to the logging outfit just outside of town ( spirit lake logging i think?! ) and the guys will do it for cash or beer. but i gotta ask...why?
you’re looking at about hour and a half towing a boat on logging road and then once you get there it’s an additional 40 minute run to get to the outside. whole lotta travel... if you launch at gold it’s pavement all the way and then a one hour boat ride to the outside

It’s do-able. it’s pretty long, i think about 42 k of logging roads. there is a pretty big climb and then a fairly steep decent before you get into Zeballos. there is no place to repair flats in zeballos but if you get a flat you can take it to the logging outfit just outside of town ( spirit lake logging i think?! ) and the guys will do it for cash or beer. but i gotta ask...why?
you’re looking at about hour and a half towing a boat on logging road and then once you get there it’s an additional 40 minute run to get to the outside. whole lotta travel... if you launch at gold it’s pavement all the way and then a one hour boat ride to the outside
Just curious, did t realize the road was that bad. Thanks for the info.
I’ve got 2 trips booked to Moucha this year ( late June and 1st week of Aug) hope things get better.

Just curious, did t realize the road was that bad. Thanks for the info.
I’ve got 2 trips booked to Moucha this year ( late June and 1st week of Aug) hope things get better.

The Gravel Road to Zabellos off of the lsland Highway is 42KM. It is not bad at all, it has 1 mild hill vs. the 3 steep ones going to Tahsis (60 km) and is kept in very good shape. Trailering a boat along it is not much of a problem, as always when trailering take it easy. Overall the trip to Zabellos is easier than going to Tahsis, as the Island Highway is a much better road for trailering than the road through Strathcona park, and the gravel portion to Zabellos is shorter, less hilly, and better maintained than the gravel road to Tahsis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back