Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s $20 to launch and $15 per night to park in their secure parking lot... Can’t comment about sleeping in the lot, but you would have to have your boat with you as there is no place to leave your boat moored there... It is strictly a launch and leave...Very secure, very nice parking lot... You must park in their lot, no more parking on the road for whatever reason...
Can someone tell please the rates for launch and parking at the gold river and if it’s ok to sleep overnight at the parking spot? Thanks

It’s $20 to launch and $15 per night to park in their secure parking lot... Can’t comment about sleeping in the lot, but you would have to have your boat with you as there is no place to leave your boat moored there... It is strictly a launch and leave...Very secure, very nice parking lot... You must park in their lot, no more parking on the road for whatever reason...
Thanks for the info. Should I reserve by calling them or it’s usually available on the spot?

Thanks for the info. Should I reserve by calling them or it’s usually available on the spot?
No need to reserve... They are open from about 5.30 AM till after 9.00 PM every day... By the way, it’s a parking lot, not a campsite... Nobody’s going to want anyone camping there...Make sure that you pay close attention to the tide guide... Can’t launch much of anything below about a 3 ft tide, and anything big you want at least a 5 ft tide..

No need to reserve... They are open from about 5.30 AM till after 9.00 PM every day... By the way, it’s a parking lot, not a campsite... Nobody’s going to want anyone camping there...Make sure that you pay close attention to the tide guide... Can’t launch much of anything below about a 3 ft tide, and anything big you want at least a 5 ft tide..
Appreciate your help. I’m taking a ferry on July 24 for 3 day trip taking dad out fishing for his 60th birthday. I was thinking of pulling the boat on trailer in the evening and staying inside parking lot overnight. Not camping just overnight stay. I’ve got 22’ seaswirl striper. Do you know where I can check tide level for that area? Thanks

There's guys here that have fished that area a lot more than me that I'm sure can help you out. I'm a bit more familiar with the North side of Nootka myself.

There are known spots, referenced in the reports posts.
Read the archives, what happened for
Thanks! Any advise on fishing in that area? First time newbie here

Read the archives, what happened four years ago?

Back to the reports! Looking great so far!

Appreciate your help. I’m taking a ferry on July 24 for 3 day trip taking dad out fishing for his 60th birthday. I was thinking of pulling the boat on trailer in the evening and staying inside parking lot overnight. Not camping just overnight stay. I’ve got 22’ seaswirl striper. Do you know where I can check tide level for that area? Thanks
Tide guide guide shows a low slack of about 2 ft at about 11AM... You will be very good to go at daybreak.... Go down to Camel Rock near the junction of Muchalat Inlet and Tlupana Inlet, look for a whole bunch of boats, and follow them with your gear down somewhere around 40 ft... There should be lots of fish there if you can convince them to bite.... Make sure that you are fishing somewhere at tide change, not travelling or snoozing... Very important time of day locally.... Good luck on your trip with your Dad.... Special indeed..

Read the archives, what happened for

Read the archives, what happened four years ago?

Back to the reports! Looking great so far!
Sold the boat back then. Now got lucky on a new one but with Vancouver fishing closure will have to explore the island. Ferry is gonna be 500$ round trip so hopefully I’ll get lucky with fish there

Tide guide guide shows a low slack of about 2 ft at about 11AM... You will be very good to go at daybreak.... Go down to Camel Rock near the junction of Muchalat Inlet and Tlupana Inlet, look for a whole bunch of boats, and follow them with your gear down somewhere around 40 ft... There should be lots of fish there if you can convince them to bite.... Make sure that you are fishing somewhere at tide change, not travelling or snoozing... Very important time of day locally.... Good luck on your trip with your Dad.... Special indeed..
Thank you! I’ll get the updated when I’m there. Hopefully will catch some fish. More important son and father time on his big 60 day

Thank you for advise! Really appreciate everyone's input here. Any specific area where halibut and lingcod are to be targeted?
All the Hali’s and most of the ling’s are on the outside.... That area is huge, and can be very unforgiving if the weather “goes South”. Look at your charts... Find area that look productive.... Try them... If you get lucky and catch something, stay there... If not, go to the next spot on your chart and try there... With all respect, like a lot of other people, I have been fishing Nootka for 40 years and I don’t think too many people are going to simply give away all their hard earned info and spots to everyone on this or any other site...Go out, explore, fish hard, experiment with different things in different places... That is what will make it a memorable trip with you and your Dad... Good luck on your trip...

All the Hali’s and most of the ling’s are on the outside.... That area is huge, and can be very unforgiving if the weather “goes South”. Look at your charts... Find area that look productive.... Try them... If you get lucky and catch something, stay there... If not, go to the next spot on your chart and try there... With all respect, like a lot of other people, I have been fishing Nootka for 40 years and I don’t think too many people are going to simply give away all their hard earned info and spots to everyone on this or any other site...Go out, explore, fish hard, experiment with different things in different places... That is what will make it a memorable trip with you and your Dad... Good luck on your trip...
Totally understandable about the particular spots. Thank you, I’ll keep it posted here

Thank you for advise! Really appreciate everyone's input here. Any specific area where halibut and lingcod are to be targeted?
On the bottom. :) joking aside we have caught halibut while trolling our salmon gear at Beeno Creek in last years. I am not personally set up to anchor on my boat up there but lots of times we will find flats 90-130 ft and will troll a hootchie and flasher on the bottom and do well picking up smaller halibut.

Reactions: Ola
Crazy first week out at Nootka. Torrential downpours, big off shore fog, incredibly hot sunny days and now for the last three days gale force winds and huge swells. In between the storms the fishing has been slow {like watching paint dry) to spells of ***** and giggles. During the monsoons it was a little tough finding the fish, once the rains stopped 4 days ago the fishing was quite decent. Fished Escalante for a few days, lots of little coho but picked up some nice springs, biggest was 28 but lots of teenagers and low 20s. Anchovies and spoons seemed to be the ticket outside, fished horse collar herring for one day but no love just yet. 20 to 40 feet was the best, going deeper as the day progressed. With the big winds now most are hiding around the monument and wash rock area, was an early bite for a few days but this morning was a lot slower. Some folks are pounding their way out to Beano and doing well early until the winds really pick up. Not much Hali fishing going on but a few folks are picking up Hali while trolling between Wash and Maquinna, just watch out for those pinnacles, they love cannon balls.
Still have another week here at Critter, looks like the weather will start getting better as the week progresses so more people will be venturing farther out. It is a little quiet our here for boats, hopefully more folks come out in July and try their luck. Will try and post later in the week if the signal permits.
Tips up!
Oh, the fish at the start of the week were filled with squid but after the rain most had empty bellies or a few needle fish or a squid or two. Not a lot of bait around but the storm should push some more our way. Hope this info helps, been away from this forum for a few years but it looks like admin is doing a good job keeping the foolishness to a minimum, enjoy and play safe.

Crazy first week out at Nootka. Torrential downpours, big off shore fog, incredibly hot sunny days and now for the last three days gale force winds and huge swells. In between the storms the fishing has been slow {like watching paint dry) to spells of ***** and giggles. During the monsoons it was a little tough finding the fish, once the rains stopped 4 days ago the fishing was quite decent. Fished Escalante for a few days, lots of little coho but picked up some nice springs, biggest was 28 but lots of teenagers and low 20s. Anchovies and spoons seemed to be the ticket outside, fished horse collar herring for one day but no love just yet. 20 to 40 feet was the best, going deeper as the day progressed. With the big winds now most are hiding around the monument and wash rock area, was an early bite for a few days but this morning was a lot slower. Some folks are pounding their way out to Beano and doing well early until the winds really pick up. Not much Hali fishing going on but a few folks are picking up Hali while trolling between Wash and Maquinna, just watch out for those pinnacles, they love cannon balls.
Still have another week here at Critter, looks like the weather will start getting better as the week progresses so more people will be venturing farther out. It is a little quiet our here for boats, hopefully more folks come out in July and try their luck. Will try and post later in the week if the signal permits.
Tips up!
Oh, the fish at the start of the week were filled with squid but after the rain most had empty bellies or a few needle fish or a squid or two. Not a lot of bait around but the storm should push some more our way. Hope this info helps, been away from this forum for a few years but it looks like admin is doing a good job keeping the foolishness to a minimum, enjoy and play safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back