2020 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
will be going out tonight at 5 will let you know if we get anything. Im also 0/3 last times out so don't feel bad Bigdogg it is tough out there, with so few coho this year.

Got into a couple springs this morning at the hump. 65’ . Then stumbled into a bit of a bite out front of little Q, 120’ Chovies. 50/50 chromers in the mix it’s definitely still on.

saturday night fishing report. out 5-7:30 . mostly fished the outer 200' contour. found most of the fist North and west of the 194 pinnacle. Fishing between 90- 210. Tried spoons and glow hoochies. First picked up a 9" hatchery coho at 150' then a rock cod at 180 in 220. bite came on at about 6:50 with another hatchery coho 11". Where are all these tiny coho coming from way out of season for smalls? must be way up north somewhere? Most bait and fishing showing as the last couple weeks to the inside and as i said north of the 194 marker. 10lb spring (feeder) in 286' down 195. then a doubleheader of rock cod at 195 in over 330' of water. finished the night as it got dark with true cod head only and a doggie that ate the entire hoochie.wind and current were brutal. supposed to be 5knts. but 3' + sea with a nasty cross current made fishing tough all night.

Anyone out lately? I haven't tried since before the wildfire smoke, but this stretch of calm water has me thinking about fishing again.

Mid October last year I had multiple double-headers of feeder springs on a sunny t-shirt day, so it's possible!

Hoping for some shore coho today off Nile Creek and maybe the little Q estuary. Anyone fished the Big Q lately with flies?

The Coho are also at French Creek on the boat launch side. I was there for a bit on thursday afternoon, but it was too windy for fly fishing

Hoping for some shore coho today off Nile Creek and maybe the little Q estuary. Anyone fished the Big Q lately with flies?
UPDATE: nothing doing at Nile Creek after a couple of hours. Saw one jump and that's it. Up to Big Q above the hatchery with everyone else in Qualicum area, apparently. Got one out of there, but lots of frustration too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back